Lake Lake Norman Updates...

Thread: Lake Norman Updates...

Default Lake Norman Updates...

I've not posted in a bit but it's not from lack of fishing!

You probably get tired of seeing my mug on here so I've saved up some pics from last week when our kids and grandkids stayed for the week.

Since they are in the Augusta area now, their spring break always coincides with The Masters golf tourney. Too much traffic on the roads to get the kids to school on time...hahaha!

Anyway, they have a built in vacation destination here in NC with us and we definitely take advantage of the time together.

I will try to keep the pics minimal 'cause I KNOW you all don't like to look at fish pics! Hahaha!

As for the report, most of the fish smoked the super flukes (surprise! Hahaha!) and a few hit the jerk baits. Both of these baits are excellent this time of year as the staging bass will hit them aggressively as will the bedding fish...protecting the beds.

Water temps in the upper 60s as of catch times and beautiful weather.

Now, for the highlight reel...

Everyone that went, caught fish. Lots of fish. Each outing, we caught over 30 bass in a couple hours per outing.

Kelli and I truly enjoyed the kids being here and watching them have a blast catching those bass! Based on these kids, there's a good future for fishing ahead!

Now, gotta get ready for the Kerr Reservoir, aka Buggs Island, BFL tourney.

Thanks for putting up with the pics...hahaha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Red X Angler // Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that is not fish they are after - Thoreau

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Red X Angler
    Sponsor
    Captains Club
    Kayak Angler
    Blog Entries

Excellent post!
    lewisfishing likes this.

Awesome post. Best kind of fishing to do is with the family. What kind of water are you hooking up in? Are they hitting the swim baits while moving?
    lewisfishing likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Tymac View Post
    Awesome post. Best kind of fishing to do is with the family. What kind of water are you hooking up in? Are they hitting the swim baits while moving?
    I have been targeting the pockets and points directly off the main creek channels. The fish are typically hitting in anywhere from -1 to 6 feet of water, depending on whether they are in the pockets or on the points. The fish in the pockets are more shallow than on the points.

Have had a couple fish hit swim baits...mostly on the points, but the main bait of attack for me has been the super fluke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Red X Angler // Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that is not fish they are after - Thoreau

Great post, Thank you for making people smiling!
    lewisfishing likes this.

8. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements