NC Angler Forums banner

Auto saved content?

4K views 27 replies 8 participants last post by  Administrator 
#1 ·
Hey all -

For the 15th time, I just typed a nice long report (because that's all I know how to do) and I FRICKIN LOST IT. One darned key stroke and it all goes away. . . . ARRRRRGGGHHH. However, I noticed that there is a button at the bottom of the box that says "restore auto saved content" - is there anyway to access this content? I clicked on it, but had already typed something else so I couldn't get back far enough.

Is this possible?

#5 ·
Ironically, that is exactly how i lost it. I did a ctrl a, then a ctrl c. . . Except that my thumb slipped off the ctrl button and I replaced the entire post with the letter "c". Thinking maybe I grabbed it before my thumb slipped, i hit ctrl v to paste. . . And it was something else.

And now my laptop is fried, something to do with massive blunt force trauma. No idea how that might have happened. . .

#7 ·
Hey there,

I have tested out the auto-save feature and it worked perfectly for me in the Chrome browser using a Windows 10 computer. I refreshed the page, then underneath the Text Box a button labeled "Restore Auto-Saved Content" appeared. This allowed me to restore my content. It seems to react when the page is refreshed, or closed then opened again.

Can you guys test this once more? What devices and browsers are you using on the site?

Richard.

#8 ·
I'm using Gnome Web (Epiphany) 3.24.2 on Arch Linux - Dell Inspiron 1559.

Looks like it's working. Typed...

Boogity Boogity Boogity Lets Go Find Another Saying Darrell Waltrip I like green eggs in a garbage can
Restored text...

Boogity Boogity Boogity Lets Go Find Another Saying Darrell Waltrip I like green eggs
...accurately saved coinciding with the yellow "Auto-Saved" message (seems to pop up every minute or so).

#11 ·
and just to ensure OP, and anyone else that needs it, understands how to use it:

1. Type your long post, Auto Save will occur
2. h it the wrong key, and delete said long post
3. Click on "Reply to Thread" again
4. "Restore Auto" button will appear on bottom left of text box, click that and your words will magically appear again...

#18 ·
Hey bccfish,

To start a new thread within any section, there is a "+ Post New Thread" button at the top and bottom left corner of where the existing threads are. I took a screenshot to highlight these:

Rectangle Font Screenshot Material property Software

As for not being able to view thumbnails, is it all thumbnails regardless of what section you're not able to see them? Or just certain sections? Can you take a screenshot of how this looks (broken image, or just a blank spot?). Did you try clearing your cache/cookies and refreshing the page to see if that helps at all?

If the issue persists, let us know what device and browser you are using and we'll go from there. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Cheers,
Natalie

#23 ·
There was a permission that needed to be tweaked. Can you test it again to ensure you are now able to post in the Tech Support area?

As for the dark grey overlay, I did some testing with my IE11 / Win 10 machine and it all worked. Have you added this site to the compatibility view settings? Tools > Compatibility View Settings > Add

Are you using the most up to date version of IE? Do you have any other browsers you can test with the overlay?

Let me know if that helps.

Same on sons super computer with Win7 Chrome

Source code says "may not" for top three communities in forums. 997, 4441 & 3612
A permission tweak needed to be done for the tech support area so you should now be able to start new threads. As for the News and Announcements area, that is for Admin/Mod posting only as noted in the area description, so that is why you are unable to post there.

What are the names of the areas for the numbers you posted? We'll look into those as well.

- JB

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.