Tuckertown Help

Thread: Tuckertown Help

Default Tuckertown Help

Our club, from Virginia, will be fishing Tuckertown in July. I have only been there one time about five years ago. I am going to try to fish next week and could sure use some advice on what area to fish and what to throw. Send me a pm if you don't want to post public. I fish Philpott, Smith Mountain a lot and will gladly share info. Thanks for any help.

Bassman13
    bwguffey, and jerry condrey like this.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I'm interested in the responses too. Last couple of times I was down there I brought home the skunk after battling the freakin' snotgrass all day. BUT, I was in a yak and put in on the south end. There's gotta be salvation somewhere on that lake so I haven't written it altogether, but I'd sooner go to Badin if I was making the drive.

Mark P., president of North Carolina Kayak Fishing Association (NCKFA.com) fishes Tuckertown often (in a yak) and rarely sees the skunk. You might try contacting him thru the NCKFA.com website. I'm confident he will share info for Tuckertown. The organization just held their annual catfish tourney there.
    bwguffey, and GreyGhost like this.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by bwguffey View Post
    I'm interested in the responses too. Last couple of times I was down there I brought home the skunk after battling the freakin' snotgrass all day. BUT, I was in a yak and put in on the south end. There's gotta be salvation somewhere on that lake so I haven't written it altogether, but I'd sooner go to Badin if I was making the drive.
    Someone told me yesterday the snotgrass (witch's hair) is dying off in some places. Badin is a much better option, if y'all have one.
    bwguffey, and dbeam like this.

I'd definitely fish some grass mats and the lily pads. I would start off fishing edges of them with a chatterbait, frog, and a worm or wacky rig. Then we really fish the pads thoroughly, and throw frogs all through them and the grass mats.

You could also fish some of the steeper main lake banks later in the day with a jig or a big worm. The snot grass won't be as bad out there either.

Tuckertown puts out some big bags of fish, and people sleep on it. I'll fight through that snot grass to catch some of the quality fish there...

Sent from my LG-D631 using Tapatalk
    bwguffey, and dbeam like this.

Went out last week, did pretty good. Early morning topwater bite around grass, once the sun got high, fished a couple ledges with underwater stumps and targeted lay down trees.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version.

Name:	IMG_6027_1498285207008.JPG‎
Views:	68
Size:	119.1 KB
ID:	149369
    bwguffey, Ckeller14, and JBassAssassin like this.

9. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements