Inshore Change of plans

Thread: Change of plans

Default Change of plans

Well I was invited to fish Big Rock this week and jumped at the opportunity. Boss was kind enough to give me the day off without burning a vayk day and all.
    Friday was the only day available that worked for me so that's the day I was coming down.
    Well my buddies on the Run Off get a great start to the week and stab a 533lb Marlin in day one! Winning the fabulous fisherman and $463k!!! To say they kicked things off right would be an understatement.
    Everyone was pumped after this well weather at first was looking crappy offshore for Tuesday or Wednesday and that just never happened so the guys continued fishing. Well like everyone knows you can only fish 4 out of the 6 days. And they were due to layout Friday and Saturday.
    To say I was a little upset would be an accurate statement. It's no ones fault and I'm glad I even got the invite to go. Oh well I lived in the excitement for some time leading up to Thursday night when I got to Morehead.
    So what's the next best thing to do. Drop the boat in the water and go fishing. Another great friend of mine has been staying down here and invited me to stay with him. Couldn't pass up the opportunity. So Friday was a slow morning but dropped the boat in the water around 4pm and headed out to try and get out of the wind for a while. Got into some marsh I'm Familiar with and took our time working our way in. Fished all the way in with just a short flounder. Tons of bait in the water right now which is great to see.
    So I turn the boat around when we finally run out of water and start to work my way back out. Same thing out working the banks hoping to snag another flounder with no luck when I hear the sound of drag screaming. What a great noise I look over and my buddy's hooked up! Awesome it's a Red.
    He fought the fish for a few and finally he landed in my net and into the live well a beautiful multi spot slot red went.
    Now the what color lure what speed were you reeling? Were you breathing in and out of your nose or mouth. Haha!
    We've all been there!
    So continue on and make it back to the creek mouth and decided to keep
    Moving down the next shore line. Well I have a sand bar coming up and I can see the water breaking over the corner and it's forming a good little rip. It's hard to tell if it's shallow or deep with the sun almost down but I fire a cast into it twitch it twice and she goes tight. At first I though I hooked a nice flounder but she got closer to the boat and another beautiful Red to finish out the night.
    Was awesome to have my buddy and wife with me to see why I love being out here. Was able to put him on fish it just a plus.
    Headed out in a few this morning and we'll see if we can't make it happen again. If not we are still blessed to enjoy this beautiful coast line.
    I can tell you we had a good dinner last night!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Good report. It's easy to see why you scored... white shirt, white rod, white lure thingy and it looks like you are breathing although it is hard to tell that in a photograph, being that a photograph is a two dimensional, static representation of reality.
    Greenmonster, and GreyGhost like this.

Great report, NickP, just what I needed on a Monday morning!! Haven't fished in a week, but hoping to sneak out later this week. Have some trailer springs to replace!
    basswrangler, dbeam, and Nickp like this.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I'm thinking it had to be the Natural Light! Great report.
    dbeam, and Nickp like this.

Quote Originally Posted by valve_box View Post
    I'm thinking it had to be the Natural Light! Great report.
    Haha yeah thats not mine. I don't drink on the boat very seldom if I do. But hey if it works I'll bring a pack every trip!
    basswrangler likes this.

Red X Angler
    Captains Club

Great report,
    Thanks for sharing

Darrell
    Nickp likes this.

Red X Angler

There's nothing I love more than cracking an ice cold natural light, and pouring it slowly into the ocean, never to be consumed by some poor human being. Sometimes I even vent it so it goes down quicker. Lol. Nice report nick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nickp, NukeMan814, and Swampin' like this.

Jacob
    Red X Angler

10. Default

Great day on the water. Wish I was there with you guys Brother. Hopefully we'll get to do some late fall fishing this year. The wife took some nice pics - good to see you in the pics for a change. Haha. Nothing like a pair beautiful keeper Red Fish for dinner!!!

Nickp likes this.

-Sgt H.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Great day on the water. Wish I was there with you guys Brother. Hopefully we'll get to do some late fall fishing this year. The wife took some nice pics - good to see you in the pics for a change. Haha. Nothing like a pair beautiful keeper Red Fish for dinner!!!

Thanks brother can't wait to get you back out on the crystal coast!

Very nice looking fish!! Great report!

13. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements