N. Topsail/Sneads Ferry in July

Thread: N. Topsail/Sneads Ferry in July

Default N. Topsail/Sneads Ferry in July

My family has been taking a trip down to N. Topsail every year for over a decade. Up until last year we always went in October and had figured out some pretty reliable patterns. Due to the boys getting older, school, and football, we just couldn't make that October trip work any longer and started going in July. Last year we hit up most of our typical haunts (and a few new ones) and never did find much to get excited about. The river was nothing but lizards and pinfish, but we did stumble on some short drum and flounder in a creek.

I'm not asking for coordinates or anyone's secret hole, but just general recommendations on the types of water we should focus our attention on this time of year. Any advice is appreciated.
    GreyGhost, and NewYakker like this.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

You may want to try under the bridges and try for Sheepshead. That will get you out of the sun and should get you plenty of bites.

Thanks. We did try that one morning last year and my dad did manage to catch 1 really nice sheepshead. I'd like to give it a little more effort this year, since the place we stay is only about a 15 minute boat ride from the 210 bridge.
    Fishin Technician likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I would also try the 172 bridge over the river. I always had better success there.

Ronnie
    1998 Triton TR20
    1998 Mercury 200EFI

7. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements