Thread: The new Randleman Dam Lake News!!!

Exclamation The new Randleman Dam Lake News!!!

The new Randleman Dam is now announced to open on March 1 of 2010. Should be some good fishing out there. Only 100 motorized boats will be allowed on the water at one time apparently, but I cant see more than that at a time anyways. I drive past branches of it all the time, and it looks like it will be good fishing. Lets hope it really will be that way!

Heres a link, check it out: Randleman Lake Opens March 1, 2010, for Boating, Fishing - WGHP

If the link doesnt work, just copy and paste it into your browser or go to myfox8.com and it is one of their main stories right now!

Default Re: The new Randleman Dam Lake News!!!

Where are the ramps going to be or are they already in place?

That would be a good lake for hybrid stripers

Man Ive been crossing this everyday since they filled it and everyday I tell the guys thats gonna be a good fishing hole. I cant wait. Im glad they finally set a date.

Thanks for the info. It's bound to be a great fish producer. Fish usually grow and reproduce quickly in new impoundemnts until the nutrient levels in the water begin to balance. I'm definitely going to be watching for this opener.

Quote Originally Posted by rlwinfield View Post
    Where are the ramps going to be or are they already in place?
    I had the same question. I do know they have already figured out the ramp locations and Im pretty positive that I heard they have already been built....but Im not sure of there exact location

Heard on 92.3 this morning that the date of opening was now March 3rd. Can't find any proof of this online as of yet, but I'm guessing there will be more details coming within the month. They also said 15 dollar charge to launch (seems kinda high) and no alcohol for what its worth. Oh yeah no skiing or swimming since its a water source, just fishing and boating. I'm feeling a sick day coming up .

Randleman Lake Recreation

They got too many ridiculous rules for me. Cant beach your boat, gotta carry a pee pail, need special fishing permits, 25 MPH speed limit.
    Take a Bass Boating!!!
    Life Jackets and Kill Switches save lives.

Personally, I'm looking forward to the opener and plan to set the lake record on the first day they open.

15 bucks does seem kinda steep, maybe they will ofter a discounted season pass. I Don't think the 25mph applies for the whole lake.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    15 bucks does seem kinda steep, maybe they will ofter a discounted season pass. I Don't think the 25mph applies for the whole lake.

Actually the 25 mph is correct below highway 62....above it's electric motor or paddle only....even if the gas motor is up. 15 bucks is kinda high to catch a fish,,,,,I agree...and absurd for a canoe to launch.