NC Angler Forums banner

The new Randleman Dam Lake News!!!

Lake 
6K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Nat's Dad 
#1 ·
The new Randleman Dam is now announced to open on March 1 of 2010. Should be some good fishing out there. Only 100 motorized boats will be allowed on the water at one time apparently, but I cant see more than that at a time anyways. I drive past branches of it all the time, and it looks like it will be good fishing. Lets hope it really will be that way!

Heres a link, check it out: Randleman Lake Opens March 1, 2010, for Boating, Fishing - WGHP

If the link doesnt work, just copy and paste it into your browser or go to myfox8.com and it is one of their main stories right now!

#7 ·
Heard on 92.3 this morning that the date of opening was now March 3rd. Can't find any proof of this online as of yet, but I'm guessing there will be more details coming within the month. They also said 15 dollar charge to launch (seems kinda high) and no alcohol for what its worth. Oh yeah no skiing or swimming since its a water source, just fishing and boating. I'm feeling a sick day coming up ;).

#11 ·
Actually the 25 mph is correct below highway 62....above it's electric motor or paddle only....even if the gas motor is up. 15 bucks is kinda high to catch a fish,,,,,I agree...and absurd for a canoe to launch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.