Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hot Glue Red Flies

Default Hot Glue Red Flies

Hot Glue Red Flies...The first set of pics are flies made with a #2 hook weed guard tied in . tie in marabou in the colors you like . Add a few strands of krystal flash. Body: Cut a section of 20 lbs test Masons mono around 4 inches long ...tie in the ends of the mono just behind the tail section parallel to the hook shank on each side. Wrap the shank with white thread to the eye.Now bring the middle of the loop over to the eye of the hook and loosely tie in behind the eye. You can adjust the hoops by pulling on the mono to make the openings as large or small as you like. When you are through it should look like a heart!Color the thread with a sharpie. Get the low temp glue gun and start bridging the gap with glue( I find it easier to use a rotary vice and tilt the fly on its side ) DON'T USE TOO MUCH GLUE! you don't want it bulky. I know ...took me 4 flies to get the hang of it. OK while the glue is hot sprinkle glitter on the glue in the head . If it does not stick you can use clear nail polish on the head and then sprinkle the glitter.Last 2 steps: add a bead chain pair to the eye section for weight.... tie in weed guard .....your done.

close up of fly top and bottom

ALLEN TARHEEL FLY FLINGERS " RED X ANGLER "
    " BOWFIN ANGLER "

Default Re: Hot Glue Red Flies

Very nice Allen , love the way you display them with the shells

FAAN Always choosing the lesser of two evils .....is still chooseing evil.......:Jerry Garcia

awesome flys allen they look like all sorts of bass would hit them for sure
    YAKATTACK FLY FLINGER likes this.

red x angler and tarheelflyflinger for life -red drum its not an obssesion but a passion

Thanks guys , I saw these in an on line catalogue.They were made out of epoxy and I wanted to try them with hot glue. I can't wait to get them wet.

" BOWFIN ANGLER "

good luck allen ya might even wanna try those for bowfin they got the right colors for sure
    red x angler and tarheelflyflinger for life -red drum its not an obssesion but a passion

Very nice flys ob1... I see you had the force with you whilecreating this new addition of flys... Now lets go catch something with them. I'll be your ginnea pig tester.
    NCPIERMAN likes this.

EDDIE TARHEEL FLY FLINGERS " RED X ANGLER "
    "BOWFIN ANGLER "

allen and eddie quick question those flys seem heavy how do you get a good cast with a heavy fly im really havin trouble and getting fustrated

They are surprisingly light. 8wt will cast them fine. A trick Tim is shorten the leader and heavier flies will cast a lot better. If I am casting a Zonker it can be tough. I shorten my leader to 4 to 5 ft and alls well.
    Deepblu505, and NCPIERMAN like this.

" BOWFIN ANGLER "

10-4 Allen those are some great looking RED flies for sure..can't beat that gold glitter and orange for reds.

I just picked up a new fly rod...can't wait to get a reel for it and do some casting...

ST Croix Pro model in 8wt, 9ft, 2 piece....
    NCPIERMAN likes this.

Friends, Fishing, Fellowship..RED X ANGLER

sounds like a plan to me ...where did you find the rod?
    NCPIERMAN likes this.

" BOWFIN ANGLER "

What are you calling the new flies....."AP Tubbies"

I need to swing by one afternoon and let you show me how its done properly...
    NCPIERMAN likes this.

Friends, Fishing, Fellowship..RED X ANGLER

You got it Scott be glad to help out.
    NCPIERMAN likes this.

" BOWFIN ANGLER "

Ncp...also, keep the power stroke in your casting, but slow your cast down. Along with shortening your leader and using a heavier leader... You will be suprised in the difference. Let us know how it works for ya. Eddie
    NCPIERMAN likes this.

EDDIE TARHEEL FLY FLINGERS " RED X ANGLER "
    "BOWFIN ANGLER "

definetly will eddie i will definetly shorten the leader and keep the power stroke going
    YAKATTACK FLY FLINGER likes this.

NCP , try using a double haul when you got heavy flies on.
    NCPIERMAN likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast