Thread: Jordan Lake Shore Fishing For Free

Default Jordan Lake Shore Fishing For Free

Hello,

Where can I park my car, walk short distance and fish from the shore at Jordan Lake without having to pay $5 Entrance Fee...I know there has to be an area with a lake this big. Would the Ebenezer Church Boat launching area do? No gate right? No pay station?

Default Re: Jordan Lake Shore Fishing For Free

There are three Public Fishing Areas on Jordan - ncwildlife.org has all the details on those, and all the other PFAs in the state. I'd recommend Bell's Church for starters -- it's got a T-dock, and I've heard they put lights out...
    superrookie likes this.

"God grant me the serenity to accept the size of the fish I catch,
    the courage not to fib about it, and the wisdom to know that
    nobody would believe me anyway."

Thank you! I think I found some spots.

B.E. Jordan Reservoir Public Fishing Access area Directions Accessible features Photo Bell’s Church, Chatham Co. From US 64 east of Pittsboro, take SR 1008 North at Wilsonville. Go 1.2 miles. The area is on the right beside the church. pier, gravel parking lot, paved walkway Photo1
    Photo2
    Rock Quarry, Chatham Co. From Pittsboro, take US 64 East. Go approximately six miles, and turn left on SR 1716 (Big Woods Road). Go 4.9 miles, and area is on the right. - Photo1
    Photo2 Weaver Creek, Chatham Co.
    From US 64 east of Pittsboro, take SR 1008 South at Wilsonville. Go 3.4 miles, and area is on the right just past the intersection with SR 1972. - Photo1
    Photo2

Good bank fishing areas near the intersection of Beaver Creek Rd and Pea Ridge. Could also try the Robeson creek ramp or Robeson creek canoe access area.
    superrookie likes this.

Take a Bass Boating!!!
    Life Jackets and Kill Switches save lives.

Could also try out at the Farrington point launch ramp. During the week anyway hardly any boats there so plenty of parking (try not to take the spots closest to the ramp, it is a Boating Access Area, not a Fishing Access Area), then walk the shore either direction.

Agree the Bells Church one is better set up for shore fishing though.
    superrookie likes this.

1994 McKee Pulse 1700 WT with 2000 Johnson 115 - For Sale

the farrington ramp area is cool , on the way back in the other day i was fishing it with a buzzbait and i had a few bites in about 10 min , i caught one also right at the ramp .
    superrookie likes this.

THEM HARDCORE KAYAK BOYS

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by superrookie View Post
    Would the Ebenezer Church Boat launching area do? No gate right? No pay station?
    During park hours (seasonal, daytime), I think they route boat ramp traffic through the park gate and collect the $5. If you get there before park hours, the 24hr gates are open. Its not a ramp I use and I only saw it like this once, on a holiday. Could have been something special for holidays/weekends.
    superrookie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffonc View Post
    During park hours (seasonal, daytime), I think they route boat ramp traffic through the park gate and collect the $5. If you get there before park hours, the 24hr gates are open. Its not a ramp I use and I only saw it like this once, on a holiday. Could have been something special for holidays/weekends.

Heres the deal at Ebenezer. They have 2 gates, a gate for the park and a gate for the boat ramps. They charge $5 to get in between 8 AM and 8 PM and all traffic enters at the park entrance. Before 8 AM and after 8 PM the park gate is closed and the boat ramp gate is open and free. Between Memorial day and Labor day they collect money 7 days a week during park hours. April 1st to memorial day and labor day til October 1st they only collect on weekends. October through march it is free 7 days a week.
    Jeffonc likes this.

Take a Bass Boating!!!
    Life Jackets and Kill Switches save lives.

I've never fished Ebenezer before and was thinking about taking the family out there this weekend. Is it just $5 entrance fee and that's it or do they also charge per person to fish? Are there plenty of bank spots in there, anyone point out some "key" spots to catch lots of panfish to hold the attention of a 4 year old? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_C View Post
    I've never fished Ebenezer before and was thinking about taking the family out there this weekend. Is it just $5 entrance fee and that's it or do they also charge per person to fish? Are there plenty of bank spots in there, anyone point out some "key" spots to catch lots of panfish to hold the attention of a 4 year old? lol
    Each sections to the park cost $5 per car. More for buses. After you get in, fishing is free. Should fish at the free entrance farrington road Public Area. I'd only pay $5 entrance if the family want to swim.