NC Angler Forums banner

Jordan Lake Shore Fishing For Free

34K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  fishinghvm 
#1 ·
Hello,

Where can I park my car, walk short distance and fish from the shore at Jordan Lake without having to pay $5 Entrance Fee...I know there has to be an area with a lake this big. Would the Ebenezer Church Boat launching area do? No gate right? No pay station?

#2 ·
There are three Public Fishing Areas on Jordan - ncwildlife.org has all the details on those, and all the other PFAs in the state. I'd recommend Bell's Church for starters -- it's got a T-dock, and I've heard they put lights out...

Reactions: superrookie
#3 ·
Thank you! I think I found some spots.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]B.E. Jordan Reservoir[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Public Fishing Access area[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Directions[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Accessible features[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Photo[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Bell’s Church, Chatham Co.[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]From US 64 east of Pittsboro, take SR 1008 North at Wilsonville. Go 1.2 miles. The area is on the right beside the church.[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]pier, gravel parking lot, paved walkway[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Photo1[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Photo2[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Rock Quarry, Chatham Co.[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]From Pittsboro, take US 64 East. Go approximately six miles, and turn left on SR 1716 (Big Woods Road). Go 4.9 miles, and area is on the right.[/FONT] - [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Photo1[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Photo2[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Weaver Creek, Chatham Co.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]From US 64 east of Pittsboro, take SR 1008 South at Wilsonville. Go 3.4 miles, and area is on the right just past the intersection with SR 1972.[/FONT] - [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Photo1[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Photo2[/FONT]

#5 ·
Could also try out at the Farrington point launch ramp. During the week anyway hardly any boats there so plenty of parking (try not to take the spots closest to the ramp, it is a Boating Access Area, not a Fishing Access Area), then walk the shore either direction.

Agree the Bells Church one is better set up for shore fishing though.

#7 ·
Would the Ebenezer Church Boat launching area do? No gate right? No pay station?
During park hours (seasonal, daytime), I think they route boat ramp traffic through the park gate and collect the $5. If you get there before park hours, the 24hr gates are open. Its not a ramp I use and I only saw it like this once, on a holiday. Could have been something special for holidays/weekends.

#8 ·
During park hours (seasonal, daytime), I think they route boat ramp traffic through the park gate and collect the $5. If you get there before park hours, the 24hr gates are open. Its not a ramp I use and I only saw it like this once, on a holiday. Could have been something special for holidays/weekends.

Heres the deal at Ebenezer. They have 2 gates, a gate for the park and a gate for the boat ramps. They charge $5 to get in between 8 AM and 8 PM and all traffic enters at the park entrance. Before 8 AM and after 8 PM the park gate is closed and the boat ramp gate is open and free. Between Memorial day and Labor day they collect money 7 days a week during park hours. April 1st to memorial day and labor day til October 1st they only collect on weekends. October through march it is free 7 days a week.

#9 ·
I've never fished Ebenezer before and was thinking about taking the family out there this weekend. Is it just $5 entrance fee and that's it or do they also charge per person to fish? Are there plenty of bank spots in there, anyone point out some "key" spots to catch lots of panfish to hold the attention of a 4 year old? lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.