Thread: Beaver Lake in Asheville

Default Beaver Lake in Asheville

I did a search on here andcouldn't fin much about the place. I googled itand it said it was for residence of the neighborhood it is with. I've heard it was public with a 5 dollar pay to play permit. Anyone know if it is public with a permit or private for the neighborhod? And if it is public, is it worth paying 5 bucks to fish it? What have yall had luck with out there? Nightcrawlers, crankbaits, spinnerbaits, top water, trick worms...? Just looking to fish a new spot and hopefully land a nice bass, and this lake isn't very far from the house.
    "My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it." Koos Brandt

Default Re: Beaver Lake in Asheville

you can fish it with a permit but it is owned by "beave lake community" in my openion it is not worth the permit price to fish from the bank..if you put a canoe or jon boat in it would be...but..theres the catch, they dont offer a daily permit for boats..its 50 a yr and the yr runs jan.-jan...up to you, there are some good sized bass, and big panfish. i grew up just a couple miles from there and its kinda sad how they have made it over there.
    gambusia likes this.

is it still good since they drained it like a year or so ago?

its been years since they drained it completely...the dam end still had good bit of water in it