Thread: Greensboro Bank Fishing opps?

Default Greensboro Bank Fishing opps?

I've been fishing the pond on the Guilford College Campus when I go visit my fiance at school, caught a few bluegill the other day and I've seen a 30+ lb. carp, dead on the bank there. just wondering where some other good spots in the greensboro area are that i can catch stuff from the bank.

bass spots would be awesome!

p.s. anything closer to town would be better but i'm willing to drive around 30 minutes for a really good hole.
    holliswood likes this.

Might want to try the Greensboro city lakes or the guilford marina at Lake Mackintosh just off 40 at exit 138.
    holliswood likes this.

City lakes don't allow bank fishing.
    holliswood likes this.

I know Guilford Macintosh marina DOES allow bank fishing. I must be mistaken about greensboro city lakes.
    holliswood likes this.

Most of the Greensboro city lakes have a fishing piers but they do not allow typical bank fishing... just from the piers. Bur-Mil Park off of Battleground has a few (2) ponds to fish, plus the pier for Lake Brandt is at the end of the parking area near one of the ponds. Another place to check out is Hagen-Stone Park off of US 421 near Forest Oaks. It has... I think 3 small ponds and 1 large pond. Use to be lots and lots of small bass in them, but I have not been out there for a year or two so don't know how it is now. High Point City Lake in Jamestown has a large bank fishing area. Oka T. Hester Park off of Groomtown Road use to have some good catfishing before it was drained.. That's a few to choose from....
    holliswood likes this.

Oka T. Hester Park is re-opened and also being restocked. Catfish mostly, but there are a few bream, bass, and crappie as well. Just check with the office before fishing, I think there is a dollar or 2 fee to fish.
    Mike

Take a kid outdoors!
    holliswood likes this.

Ended up just going to the pond on guilford college campus. Caught a few bluegill and what i think was a baby trout like fish. Future brother in law caught the smallest bass i've ever seen, and my lady caught the biggest bluegill of the day. I tried to lure some carp using bread with vanilla on it but had no luck. i fished it on the surface and a little deeper but had no luck. must have been the time of day. any tips on that? chumming didn't seem to work well either.
    holliswood likes this.

Maybe the carp was the result of someone attempting to relocate it there.? I've had some suggestions on fishing at Oak Hollow. Might be to far.?