NC Angler Forums banner

JimBeam II

25K views 227 replies 42 participants last post by  RouseD 
#1 ·
JimBeamII (James Potts)

I just got this email from James' (JimBeamII) wife Hazel....

You knew James went to CA for a corporate meeting. Tuesday night, he collapsed and had to be resusitated. Transported to hospital ICU and ad surgery for bleeding of his brain The doctors are good with him, so are the many therapists. Don't know when we'll be back in NC. Will keep you posted every few days.
Hazel

Please keep him in your hearts and minds and say a few good words to the big man upstairs for James. Thanks

Tim C

#34 ·
We got a text that said when his sister came into the room he gave a smile so that is a good sign. Although he still can not speak yet. It went to my wife's phone so I do not have the excate details of the text (Since she left after I looked at it) but it was good. I should have an address of where we can mail him something.

Tim C

#37 ·
i had my wife tell me about this today.. have been busy with school..all i can say is james and hazel are in our prayers here at home. the one thing that is so nice about this web site is they have such a huge family here and they know we love them very much,, so if there is anything they need at all let us know and we can get it for them.....

#41 ·
I talked w/ Hazel last night, James is finally opening his eyes and seems to be recognizing Hazel's and his sisters voice. Still cant talk as he is on tubes. Got a long road to recovery ahead, still no prognoses on when he will be returning to NC, but it will probably be a while. Still no definative cause of what happened but they have ruled out heart attack, and think they have ruled out stroke. I did not get an address or even the name of the hospital as I was more concerned w/ how James and Hazel were doing. I will call her again later and get the info for you guys. Please keep James and Hazel in your thoughts and prayers during this difficult time, James is a great fisherman and an even better friend....

#46 ·
I've been lurking on this post since it came up because for once I don't have any words to describe my feelings. James and Hazel were kind enough to extend thier home to me during a M&G one year and we sat on the back porch until the wee hours. They are just gracious and terrific people. I just know he'll be commanding the Storm Chaser again soon!

#47 ·
John it took me a day just to digest the initial news!!!

James and Hazel both are very generous, light hearted, caring people!! I would have never been able to say that I truly fished offshore NC if it wasnt for James and the "Green Dolphin" and now the "Storm Catcher".

He is the kind of guy that would give you the shirt off his back if you needed it, he is a friend and a mentor.

I hope you are right and he is commanding the helm of Storm Catcher real soon!!!!!!

#50 ·
Tim,

I have an address, but James and I will most likely be flown back to NC within the next day or two. Not sure where, but if folks wish to send cards, they can go to our home address, and I will take them to where ever they send him.

109 Bobwhite Circle
Cape Carteret, NC 28584

Because his company's customers expectations for work completed and the employees who are on facebook, I am not putting info/details on Facebook - it could mean his job. Just saying he is in the hospital. Don't know what else to say.

I keep telling James you are asking about him and saying hello. Seem to get a response to your name....I should use it once an hour!

I will keep you updated. Feel free to share with Brent.
Love you you all.
Hazel

Tim C

#52 ·
It's good to get updates on james...any improvemnt & responses from him is a good thing.
As i keep up with the updates & hoping for the best for his recovery, i have sent my prayers that god will give the doctors the knowledge & the medicine to make him better again. Prayers also sent to his family in this time of chaos. Strss is an ugly creature that can destroy you. God bless you all ...!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.