Thread: Cane Creek Buncombe County

Default Cane Creek Buncombe County

Did a little trout fishing in Cane Creek near Fletcher.

One rainbow trout caught on a Yo-Zuri plug. That was it.

Water is clear and cool. A few chubs are also around hitting worms.
    JA527, and NCangler like this.

Nice, I used to fish that with my friends up near the sharon road bridge, just around the corner from the fleischers nursing home, I live in fairview above the high school, I might have to get out there this summer.
    "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don’t teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He’s a grown man. Fishing’s not that hard." - Ron Swanson

Quote Originally Posted by wartmanrp View Post
    Nice, I used to fish that with my friends up near the sharon road bridge, just around the corner from the fleischers nursing home, I live in fairview above the high school, I might have to get out there this summer.
    Went back today near the middle school. Saw some chubs but no dice on trout. Used a white spinner and bright green plug.

You ever catch a lot of trout out of this stream?

We would catch a few little ones every now and then. Back then we were just screwing around honestly. There's a decent hole behind the baseball fields with good access. I remember seining down there with my science class back in the 8th grade
    gambusia likes this.

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don’t teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He’s a grown man. Fishing’s not that hard." - Ron Swanson

Anytime any of yall want to fish in Buncombe county let me know!
    "Wrinkles only go where the smiles have been"
    Red X Angler

Ill be at the azalea rd dog park all summer. I never catch fish there but its close to work and easy access

They had a fish kill last year at the pond next to the dog park.

Yeah I remember reading about that, I do know there's some stuff still in there though cuz I saw some brim and stuff over the winter, hopefully some bass or cats survived though