Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ethanol-Free Gas Listings - NC

Default Ethanol-Free Gas Listings - NC

I just found this link and thought I'd share it with you. Hope it helps someone.
    http://pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=NC

Now on Facebook at Hunters Haven Taxidermy

just make sure you read the "details" or better, call ahead, before you go out of your way to get non-ethanol gas from one of the places listed. e.g., Flip-Flops convenience store in emerald isle has been listed here for a year or two, and they haven't stocked non-ethanol gas in about that same amt of time. also, local knowledge is often better info -- they don't seem to update this info very frequently.

also, i find gas stations (not including marinas) that carry non-ethanol are frequently OUT of gas, so again it's best to call again.

just FYI -- in Emerald Isle, one of the most convenient places to get non-ethanol is:

K & V Grocery‎
    307 Mangrove Blvd
    Emerald Isle, NC 28594-2518
    (252) 354-1949
    Always under-promise & over-deliver (Fortune Cookie)
    Roll Tide!

Dudleys Marina in Swansboro
    I like fishing. Not actual fishing - I like the peace and quiet of being at sea. It's different.

That's good advice to call ahead. I think this site gives us a list of possibilities and also allows for updates and comments by the users.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter's Haven View Post
    That's good advice to call ahead. I think this site gives us a list of possibilities and also allows for updates and comments by the users.
    i just keep submitting updates (some months ago -- reported stations that no longer carry NE gas, new stations that do, etc.), and the best they do is add comments in the DETAILS, but no more. i know it's hard to verify the info, but wish they had a better/quicker update policy. but it's a great idea and a terrific start.
    Roll Tide!

From what I hear, enjoy it if it's real. Mr O has mandated ALL gasoline to be at least 10% ethanol.Some places have really abused this. There is a graduaed test tube available for purchase that will read the amount of ethanol and water in fuel. One unmentioned place was selling E-85 as gasoline!
    Red X Angler
    NCangler Captains Club
    President Ohio Huskie Muskie Club, Inc

Filled up with ethanol-free gas at Midway Kwik Mart on hwy 132 1 mile north of Sidburry/Blue Clay Rd. Price was $4.09 / gal. on 5/24/11

for those on the west side of the triangle & near burlington/mebane, BP station at buckhorn rd exit (i40/i85) has ethanol-free gas in their mid-grade pumps as of 6/2011.

BP - Mc Leod Oil Co
    400 Buckhorn Road, Mebane, NC 27302-7225
    (919) 563-5002 ‎
    Roll Tide!

In Raleigh the Exxon on Glenwood by the Walmart and ChikFila has pure gas in Premium. Lower octanes have corn juice mixed in.
    Spider Crack likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter's Haven View Post
    Filled up with ethanol-free gas at Midway Kwik Mart on hwy 132 1 mile north of Sidburry/Blue Clay Rd. Price was $4.09 / gal. on 5/24/11
    Price as of 6/27/11 is $3.69 / gal

Default Ethenol free!

I dont know if this has already been done here somewhere but we should start a running thread where everyone can find the gas stations that have ethenol free gas.The only one I am aware of near me in Harnette county is Marks bait and tackle just down the road from the 42 ramp on the cape fear.He only sells it in high grade though.

Found this in a post on this forum by searching 'Ethanol Gas'.

The link in the post is useful. I've found a couple of places I can use because of it.

http://www.ncangler.com/forums/threa...ht=ethanol+gas

I agree with you though, a list of ones forum members personally know about would be nice.

Plus Fishin'
    RW
    "You go fishin' for the outing, and if you catch fish, that's a Plus" - Old Gray Father 'Wild Bill' Elliott. [Faith, Family, Friends, Fishin' - RW]

* With "Self regulation", comes "De-regulation". Be responsible to the resource, not just obedient to the laws * *PROUD RED X ANGLER*

EZ Bait and Tackle in Goldsboro all grades.

<*))))>{
    Friends, Fishing, Fellowship..RED X ANGLER

Buckhorn BP at Buckhorn Rd exit I-40/85 - mid-grade (Silver).
    Spider Crack likes this.

"You go fishin' for the outing, and if you catch fish, that's a Plus" - Old Gray Father 'Wild Bill' Elliott. [Faith, Family, Friends, Fishin' - RW]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast