Thread: Speckled Trout On Gummy Worms !!??

Hybrid View

Default Speckled Trout On Gummy Worms !!??

This past winter I lost one of my dear trout fishing pals from Cedar Island. I'll just refer to him as Ray. Ray without a doubt was one of the best trout fishermen that I have ever known.

Anytime that I wanted to know if trout were hitting, I could cruise up highway 12 in my pickup truck with my canoe or kayak and look for Ray's pickup parked along one of the ditches. If he was there the trout were there. I could usally spot Ray and his brother Jimmy fishing somewhere on the bank within sight as they would use a small jon boat to paddle to where they fished from the bank.

One day I paddled out to where they were fishing and started fishing close by to them. I started talking to Ray and stated that I had lived Down East for nearly ten years before anyone would give me a hint about where to catch trout. Ray replied in his Cedar Island brogue "You're lucky most folks have to live here three generations before we tell them anything". All the time they were pulling in trout one after the other.After inflating my ego I thought I might as well ask the other forbidden question, "Whatcha catching em on"? Without hesitation he replied," GUMMY WORMS. '' Sure enough I looked closer and they where using GUMMY WORMS on a Carolina Rig.

Soon as I got back to Atlantic I bought all the GUMMY WORMS the local Red and White had. Now you have to keep the GUMMY WORMS cool or they will become one big glob. Specs seem to like the lemon lime flavors the best.

GUMMY WORMS are the WIN WIN bait. Eat a mess ot trout filets for supper that you catch on GUMMY WORMS. Then after supper you can snack on the left over GUMMY WORMS while watching the Bill Dance Fishing Show on tv, paying close attention to all the ads offering new lures guaranteed to catch fish.

Default Re: Speckled Trout On Gummy Worms !!??

Hey Forrest! R U trying to wipe out the trout population or what? I'd bet no more than 6 people in the whole country knew about gummy worms and here you are posting it all over the web! Don't try the grape ones in the fall, they aren't too good then.

AL

I tried to catch up on my sleep today but I just couldn't for thinking about the enevitable mess this thread has caused. I tried to convince Randy to remove it for the good of the fishery but he said that helping others catch fish was what this site was all about and nobody would ever post any good advice if they thought it was going to be censored out.
    I guess all I can do at this point is go along with the program and offer you some advice. NEVER, NEVER,NEVER use rootbeer. The pinfish will swarm the place and follow you from spot to spot until you get your boat out of the water. It's scary. By the third spot you stop I can guarantee you you won't throw anything into the water. Something about root beer gummy worms drives the pinfish into such a frenzy that it's scarier than any horror movie Steven King ever dreamed up. All I can say is for your own safety don't throw a rootbeer gummy worm into saltwater. Oh, by the way you ought not keep the trout you catch on gummy worms cause if everybody did there soon wouldn't be any for our kids to catch.
    My apologies to Randy and fojo for getting so upset!

Just to prove I'm not such such a bad guy after all and so that Randy and FOJO know that I'm over my tirade I'm gonna let ya'll in on a little secret that not even Ray knew. EVERYBODY that fishes for spanish on the piers knows about Mc Donalds straw rigs. Try one with a green gummy worm instead of the straw next time you're out on your boat. NOT RECOMMENDED from pier unless you want to be crowded out and hounded about what you are using.

AL

sinker man ---My apologies to you and all the members for posting the information about GUMMY WORMS without informing everyone about the dangers of fishing with GUMMY WORMS....GUMMY WORMS should definitely NOT be used when wading in the surf or sound. GUMMY WORMS tend to make speckled trout take on the attitude of the piranha. Therefore all caution should be exercised when fishing with GUMMY WORMS. Don't hold me responsible for the disappearance of fishermen who disregard this warning about GUMMY WORMS.

Blog Entries

You guys are scaring me. BTW can I get GUMMY WORMS at Neuse Sports Shop on the way to the coast?
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

Man, I got really excited for a second. Now I jsut feel dumb. I have to ask, is this true?

YEP! ALL TRUE! All as true as only a true fisherman can report it.... But, I can tell, your curiosity will never be satisfied untill you try GUMMY WORMS yourself.

This is what happens when you toss a few too many gummy worms out when chumming. You can't catch them for the others biting thu your line and abrading it with their fins and tails. www.zippyvideos.com/5543481122204446/albiemov/

ok i just bout wet my pants from lmho. so do they realy work or is this just a bull thread??

i am a major share holder in the red bird candy company.. we make millions of those gummy worms.. should i send free samples to currant members of this forum or should i just hang on to them my self and plan a couple weeks of salt water fishing?? that and adding more shares to my portfolio...

zooker
    member of the yadkin chain gang.. god bless latino woman

zooker--- When those GUMMY WORMS are on the conveyor and being packaged at Red Bird, I'll bet that bait monkey has been beating you on the head and pulling your hair. You having any trouble with headaches?

Later, Forrest

I don't think I'd want to fall out of that boat! Or answer any calls unless they came over the radio or cell phone. Hello Lefty... this is Mother Nature... oops!

I live in DAVIS nc and have NEVER heard of this wow!

Davisfishinggal, first of all, welcome to NCAngler.com!
    Please be careful re-generating really old threads, such as this one from four years ago. Tends to get some people 'round here a little worked up!
    Ocean Kayak Scrambler