NC Angler Forums banner

spots running at kure pier

4K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  fivetarheels 
#1 ·
Checked out the Kure Pier webcam a few times today and it looked like people were doing pretty good. So I called down there to see what was going on and they said the spots have been hitting good for 3 days now. They also said that good numbers of drum and pompano were being caught. I have changed my plans for next week so I can go try to get me a cooler full. Hope to see some of you folks down there.

#2 ·
Fished 16 hours starting around 11:30 pm Friday at Carolina Beach Pier. Not too cold but very windy. Spot started biting good around 6 am Saturday and were still going strong at 3 pm when we had to leave cause we ran out of cooler space. We pulled them in 2 at a time using leftover fish bites from last years fall fishing season. My husband and I filled a 60-quart cooler with 150 of the largest spot I've ever seen. Looks like the best season since 2008 when we brought home about as many but not as big from Carolina Beach Pier. Can't wait to go back in a couple of weeks.

#4 ·
Let me know how you do Wednesday if y'all are able to go! Take a large cooler though and with God's help, I hope you fill yours as He allowed us to...He was certainly blessing people Saturday with plenty of spot to take home. We just could close our cooler and the fish were trying to jump out each time we opened it. What a thrill to be catching spot like that! Good luck!

#12 ·
thats what i'm talkin' bout. assembly line like a soak n some beer, butter, lemon & lime juices, garlic, and onions, 4 bout and hour. then into Atkinsons mill seafood breader( from rightcher n NC). And 350-375 degree oil. and MMMMMMM hush ur mouth CONGRATS!!
Some of the best tail u will eat. in 1 night LOL good stuff!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.