Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pinnacle Watershed info please? thank you

Red X Angler
    Sponsor
    Captains Club
    Kayak Angler

Default Pinnacle Watershed info please? thank you

I found out about the pinnacle watershed a while back and never got to fish it yet. If any of you know anything about fishing here or whats in this place to catch let me know. I cant wait to get the key and go in there and hook into some fish. thanks alot guys

Redington Crosswater 6wt.....Perception Pescador 12

The watershed is pretty small but has a tremendous amount of people fishing it. Most are locals, and a lot fishing from the bank. Be very careful, some people put large boats in just to try them out and try to run them at WOT. I've been there several times but haven't had any luck. I think the cost of the key is about $35-40 for the year. Keys should be available sometime in Feb/March just go to Boles Hardware and ask them. Unless they have worked on the road lately go very slow.
    wademaster likes this.

Red X Angler
    Sponsor
    Captains Club
    Kayak Angler

okay cool, i already been to boles, just waitin for february to buy the key, you never did any good there?

Wademaster I seen a post on Facebook "Fishing Pinnacle watershed tommorow"The next day I seen a pic of a 5lb+ bass.Btw I have never fished there in my life,but I did see the pic.
    RED X Angler

Red X Angler
    Sponsor
    Captains Club
    Kayak Angler

yeah i am goin to hit it hard when next spring comes around, i feel like there are some really nice bass in there, maybe others also

Is there a limit to how many keys arw sold? I live in Rural Hall and would love to get into some of that action. FinStalker said the fishing would be great there.
    Central North Carolina Bass Anglers Trail - facebook Cncba Trail & twitter @cncba_trail

Red X Angler
    Sponsor
    Captains Club
    Kayak Angler

yeah ive heard of some good fishing there, then again i talked to a friend of mine and he saide its a waste of time, hhaha, i never take this completely to heart cause ive proved people wrong time and time again by going right out there and showing them up, ahahahah, and i really dont know how many keys are issued, may be a limit and may not be a limit, dont have a clue, didnt ask, good luck and good fishing guys, happy thankgiving too!

Stopped by Boles Hardware today, they were extremely nice. They gave us a key so we could go down to the water and look around.

The key cost $40 and will be available February 2012.... 1st come 1st serve, There is no pre sign up list.
    The keys are limited but hw did not share with me what that number was.

I plan to be There Feb 1 before the doors open ....might even camp out at the door LOL!!!!
    Central North Carolina Bass Anglers Trail - facebook Cncba Trail & twitter @cncba_trail

Red X Angler
    Sponsor
    Captains Club
    Kayak Angler

hahaha, i hear ya man , im getting one then too, maybe we will do some good up there

Hello,im new to the site and area and love to bass fish..Ive been doing some local fishing in private ponds but would like to get out there and fish some decent lakes and reservoirs..Ive been to the Pinnacle watershed once before on a jon boat but we fished for crappie/bream..I called Boles last week and they said they still have keys..Im seriously thinking about purchasing a key and doing some bass fishing in it..is there any updates on this reservoir? would like to know..I also will reply with updates if I end up going..thanks for your time fellas!
    All The Best!

Red X Angler
    Sponsor
    Captains Club
    Kayak Angler

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dawg View Post
    Hello,im new to the site and area and love to bass fish..Ive been doing some local fishing in private ponds but would like to get out there and fish some decent lakes and reservoirs..Ive been to the Pinnacle watershed once before on a jon boat but we fished for crappie/bream..I called Boles last week and they said they still have keys..Im seriously thinking about purchasing a key and doing some bass fishing in it..is there any updates on this reservoir? would like to know..I also will reply with updates if I end up going..thanks for your time fellas!

All The Best!
    i hit this watershed earlier in the year and couldnt catch anything period and thats between 3 people using every lure and bait known to man; i wanna go back because ive heard there are some hogs there; keep us posted if you hit it again
    Big Dawg likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by wademaster View Post
    i hit this watershed earlier in the year and couldnt catch anything period and thats between 3 people using every lure and bait known to man; i wanna go back because ive heard there are some hogs there; keep us posted if you hit it again
    I definitley will follow up on that Wade..im pretty confident thats theres something huge lurking around in there..I mean it seems like the perfect place..but truth is I have not heard many good reviews about the place..really good to hear that there are some hogs in there I look forward to giving it a run!thanks wademaster!

Red X Angler
    Sponsor
    Captains Club
    Kayak Angler

I definitley will follow up on that Wade..im pretty confident thats theres something huge lurking around in there..I mean it seems like the perfect place..but truth is I have not heard many good reviews about the place..really good to hear that there are some hogs in there I look forward to giving it a run!thanks wademaster!
    doc love told me he had fished it from the bank some and i think caught some bass and panfish; i wanna hit it again

yes it has great potential..I think most folks who fish it fish for cats and bream..Id like to hit it daily for a couple weeks straight and see what I can pull out of there..I went with my friend who is a born and raised local and we went geared up to catch crappie..I recall using a lure for a bit around some sunken branches with no action..I gave up too soon..im going to give it a good shot this upcoming fall

Red X Angler
    Sponsor
    Captains Club
    Kayak Angler

yes it has great potential..I think most folks who fish it fish for cats and bream..Id like to hit it daily for a couple weeks straight and see what I can pull out of there..I went with my friend who is a born and raised local and we went geared up to catch crappie..I recall using a lure for a bit around some sunken branches with no action..I gave up too soon..im going to give it a good shot this upcoming fall
    how was the crappie fishing there? any luck?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast