Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bond park ! last week

Default bond park ! last week

Went to Bond park last saturday ,
    was using night crawlers ,
    scored a bunch of bream, and a couple perches.

Went back to the same spot yesterday, caught some catfish , even a somewhat decent 3 lb bass some more perches a couple more bream .
    Starting to like bond park as a fishing hole , at least untill i find another one.
    Looking forward to fishing the spawn there !!
    anyone have any other suggestions for other spots ,
    of the same caliber .. have an 11 yro boy who caught his first fish at bond park.
    so also looking for other spots with easy fishing !

Bond Park has good bass and cats, I've never caught a perch. Any questions about Bond Park, let me know, I've been fishing there just about my whole live.

Do you fish from the bank there or did you launch a boat? Looking for a new place to try out on saturday with my 5 year old, thanks.
    -Matt

The small lake/big pond can be bank fished with ease. I take my kids there all the time. I believe the deepest part of the lake is 8-10 ft, where the feeders. I don't believe u can launch any boats or kayaks this time of year. Check out the parks website. It's a great place to take the kids, tons or bream and crappie, good bass.

Went with my brother-in-law and his son on saturday afternoon, caught two white catfish right around 5pm where the feeders are and one sunfish over on the wooded side of the park about an hour before that. I really like the area by the feeders because it seemed like there was nothing to get snagged on, I was throwing some crankbaits that I normally might not try while bank fishing.Place was a little hectic though, the fish didn't seem to get going until some guy playing his guitar left,lol.It's a bit of a drive for me but when they start renting boats again I'll definitely go back.
    -Matt

sounds like you had a good trip. how sure are you it was a perch? i dont mean to sound doubting of you, just suprised cuz ive fished there a long time and never seen one, then again i bet they are in there.
    Hobie Revo 13

Quote Originally Posted by paratrooper919 View Post
    The small lake/big pond can be bank fished with ease. I take my kids there all the time. I believe the deepest part of the lake is 8-10 ft, where the feeders. I don't believe u can launch any boats or kayaks this time of year. Check out the parks website. It's a great place to take the kids, tons or bream and crappie, good bass.
    yeah it is a rather shallow lake but there are some deeper spots
    ive marked 14-15 foot of water nearby the second feeder where a creek bed must used to have been.
    Hobie Revo 13

Since you guys know the area, anybody ever fish Lake Pine in Apex?
    -Matt

1-5 pound channel cats, heard tales of 10 pound channel cats there. A FEW, not that many, pretty good sized bass. big crappie (seen several 2+ pounders) and yellow perch and bluegill. not worth the $40 some dollar permit it costs for us from cary to fish it per year IMO.
    Hobie Revo 13

Not worth $40-some for sure but what happens if you go for a day without a pass?Just going for a few hours and catch and release.I work a mile or so away and have eaten lunch there quite a few times, I've seen people fishing there a bunch but nobody ever checking for a pass.
    -Matt

Please respect the laws and rules set forth and do not abuse our right to fish places. We are all stewards of the sport and need to remember that. Also, you might not want to hint at committing a crime on a public message board. What you are talking about is much in the same as trespassing onto private property to fish somebody's pond.
    FishinCary, Jeffonc, and SnowCamp like this.

I think it's just crazy to have to pay 40 bucks to fish at a PUBLIC park. Maybe Bond Park should start charging non-Cary residents for coming to the park and using the lake to fish. I mean yeah it's 40 bucks, no big deal, but dang a PUBLIC park.
    FishinCary likes this.

Bond Park does not charge; Apex Community does. As commented, NCAngler.com does not condone illegal fishing. If you don't like their rules, you're welcome not to fish there. Apex residents are also welcome at the next town council meeting, I'd expect.
    "God grant me the serenity to accept the size of the fish I catch,
    the courage not to fib about it, and the wisdom to know that
    nobody would believe me anyway."

went fishing at lake pine this summer and didn't even mark a fish... did hook a fish attractor though and it looked like a bunch of boogie boards attached together. That lake is pretty shallow too but it has some decent shore stuff maybe it was just too hot

I hope y'all are talking about the $40 fee to drop a boat in the water, not to fish the shore.
    paratrooper919 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast