NC Angler Forums banner

Any get the Lowrance Scupper Transducer yet?

952 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  swallisa 
#1 ·
I was wondering what the reviews were, if any. Also whether or not it woudl fit the scuppers in my MR 14? The specs say the minimum diameter is .95 inches, I am not sure if the MR's are that large or not.

#2 ·
i called back in july or august and talked with them about it and they seemed confident it would fit in a MR scupper. i havnt heard much if it since it actually came out, the idea of using one died off for me, its really only plausible for a hobie or other deep keeled boat, the mantas bottom is just too flat, no large keel, theres really nowhere to put it where it wouldnt have to be removed before putting in/out unless you want to carry your yak into 8 inch deep water before boarding it ;)

now i could be wrong and it could work great but by what i saw on the video from back then, it deffinately protrudes pretty far out the scupper making it seem nessicary to have some sort of keel so you can beach your boat without having to take it off.

#3 ·
...its really only plausible for a hobie or other deep keeled boat...
I was thinking the same thing. Even with that Hobie I can think of 101 ways to accidentially knock it loose both in and out of the water, I think Lowrance has too. It's all light-duty plastic - I suspect they designed it to break on obstructions and release the transducer with (hopefully) minimal damage to the boat or transducer.

I think the over-the-side style mounts are a better option if you've got the means to mount one. I've seen several guys with the Liberator mount and was very impressed - makes for a very clean, compact and removable setup for about the same money.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.