Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25

Thread: 2012 Carolina Yakfish Schedule (1/2/2012)

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cary
    Posts
    2,142

    Default 2012 Carolina Yakfish Schedule (1/2/2012)

    Category: Kayak Tournaments

    Location: Raleigh, North Carolina

    Sponsoring Organization or Charity: Heroes on the Water

    Contact Name/Phone: Toba or Turtlestew

    Website link for more information: http://carolinayakfish.com/


    Bob has posted the 2012 Carolina Yakfish schedule on our website. You will see there are two TBAs listed. We are planning on Randleman for the May tournament and Michie for the September tournament but need to talk with lake officials before finalizing. Shouldn't be any issues though. We are also very pleased and thankful to announce that Native Watercraft has agreed to donate a kayak for our 2012 Angler of the Year prize!


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Morrisville
    Posts
    252

    Default

    Are the launch locations known for the announced locations yet? Fort fisher is obvious of course, just wondering for the others.
    FishinCary likes this.

    2012 Jackson Cuda - Black Widow

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Cary
    Posts
    513

    Default

    Can...not...wait !
    FishinCary, senkomaster, and turtlestew like this.

    Wilderness Systems Tarpon 100, Native Watercraft Mariner 12.5

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cary
    Posts
    2,142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ferggiej View Post
    Are the launch locations known for the announced locations yet? Fort fisher is obvious of course, just wondering for the others.
    Ferggiej-see below

    1) Shearon Harris-undecided, we would like to do it at the Holleman ramp but space may be limited. Will announce soon.
    2) Randleman-We will announce this later. I believe Bob said there is an electric only portion though and that's where we'd like to have it if allowed.
    3) Fort Fisher-yep the ramp
    4) Michie-ramp beside the boat house
    5) Jordan-Ebenezer (secondary ramps without the docks in the back of the parking lot)

    Also, as the events get closer, we will post maps of the launch areas on here and on our website.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Cary
    Posts
    268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by turtlestew View Post

    4) Mickie-ramp beside the boat house
    Joey...where is this "Mickie" (Mouse) body of water located? ; )
    turtlestew likes this.

    Tight Lines, JoeyB - Hobie Pro Angler

    Catch & Release Angler

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cary
    Posts
    2,142

    Default

    It's in California funny guy, Pigeon Point to be exact

    Now I'm gonna have to edit my post. I knew it was with an h, not sure why I spelled it like that...twice.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Cary
    Posts
    268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by turtlestew View Post
    It's in California funny guy, Pigeon Point to be exact
    We got jokes...just keepin ya'll honest. Who loves ya baby?
    turtlestew likes this.

    Tight Lines, JoeyB - Hobie Pro Angler

    Catch & Release Angler

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Emerald Isle
    Posts
    528

    Default

    Man this has peaked my interest, even though I've never done any freshwater fishing in a kayak. Or any fishing tournements. I think it would be fun just to get out there w/ my jelopy of a yak amoung all these nicer, newer kayaks I've seen in the photos.
    PedalPirate likes this.

    42 1/2" Custom-X IZM, 6'-2" Action thruster, 8 1/2"wide Alva w/ Independant Trucks and 16' Ocean Kayak - in that order

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cary
    Posts
    2,142

    Default

    Jalopies are welcome and encouraged.
    castapotamus, and PedalPirate like this.


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Morrisville
    Posts
    252

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by turtlestew View Post
    Ferggiej-see below

    1) Shearon Harris-undecided, we would like to do it at the Holleman ramp but space may be limited. Will announce soon.
    2) Randleman-We will announce this later. I believe Bob said there is an electric only portion though and that's where we'd like to have it if allowed.
    3) Fort Fisher-yep the ramp
    4) Michie-ramp beside the boat house
    5) Jordan-Ebenezer (secondary ramps without the docks in the back of the parking lot)

    Also, as the events get closer, we will post maps of the launch areas on here and on our website.
    For Randleman there are no power boats allowed north of NC-62 (Buoy D8)
    PedalPirate, and turtlestew like this.

    2012 Jackson Cuda - Black Widow

  11. #11

    Default

    May have to try the Fort Fisher one. That's one of my favorite for trout, drum and flounder.
    PedalPirate, and turtlestew like this.

    Memeber NCBBA, OBPA, Red X Angler From Tin Can sailor to the Plastic Navy

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Posts
    1,147

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theramrod View Post
    Man this has peaked my interest, even though I've never done any freshwater fishing in a kayak. Or any fishing tournements. I think it would be fun just to get out there w/ my jelopy of a yak amoung all these nicer, newer kayaks I've seen in the photos.
    Heck Ramrod- you could even win a new one!
    theramrod, and turtlestew like this.


  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Cary
    Posts
    268

    Default In an effort to help Bob and Joey this year...

    Designed some new Identifiers for the 2012 Carolina Yakfish Series.

    They will be 2 sided and a smaller (2 3/8” x 3 ˝”) size than previous years.
    • Front will have the Body of Water, Date, ID number and Yakfish Logo.
    • Back will have a area to write in your time and/or size of catch. (optional)
    The new size allows for the ID’s to fit into various fishing license holders. Might be a good idea to purchase a lanyard, to attach the holder. This is optional ...just wanted to give notice to those who would like to be more organized come tourney time.

    Also...I am running the Carolina Yakfish Facebook page, if you haven’t already, stop by and “friend us” and then feel free to share (post/tag) any/all fishing adventures. Will be keeping it updated with tourney picts, info and such.

    Yes...Bob will still be manning the website.

    Below are some ID samples:

    http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/x..._ID_2012v2.jpg
    http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/x...ampleFront.jpg
    http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/x...SampleBack.jpg

    Thanks for looking!
    turtlestew likes this.

    Tight Lines, JoeyB - Hobie Pro Angler

    Catch & Release Angler

  14. #14

    Default

    OK after looking over this I think I'm going to go for it. Only worry is I am on call for work every 5 or 6 weeks and hope that doesn't get in the way. I also will have to see how my health goes but I hope to be much better by the start of this. I'm sitting at home right now on short term disability with a broken back. They still aren't sure what going on but I'm going to doctors and having tests done about twice a week. I hope it's under control soon so I can get back on the water.
    PedalPirate, and turtlestew like this.

    Memeber NCBBA, OBPA, Red X Angler From Tin Can sailor to the Plastic Navy

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Morrisville
    Posts
    252

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Greenford View Post
    OK after looking over this I think I'm going to go for it. Only worry is I am on call for work every 5 or 6 weeks and hope that doesn't get in the way. I also will have to see how my health goes but I hope to be much better by the start of this. I'm sitting at home right now on short term disability with a broken back. They still aren't sure what going on but I'm going to doctors and having tests done about twice a week. I hope it's under control soon so I can get back on the water.
    I have the same oncall rotation - I am lucky enough to be able to let them know im going to be out of town and wont be answering a phone so that they can make the change in rotation ahead of time.....

    Secondly - the identifiers look very nice...
    PedalPirate, and turtlestew like this.

    2012 Jackson Cuda - Black Widow

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •