Thread: Abu Garcia Ambassadeur 6000 Power Handle

Default Abu Garcia Ambassadeur 6000 Power Handle

Does anyone have a power handle that could fit a Abu Amb. 6000 that I could get fairly cheaply? One off a old reel or one that doesn't work anymore or something. Online new there about $20 but I just thought I'd ask here to see if anyone had one first.

Thanks,
    RP
    I only fish on the days that end in "Y" ...Red X Angler- Bleed BLUE RedFish 14

Quote Originally Posted by riverpirate View Post
    Does anyone have a power handle that could fit a Abu Amb. 6000 that I could get fairly cheaply? One off a old reel or one that doesn't work anymore or something. Online new there about $20 but I just thought I'd ask here to see if anyone had one first.

Thanks,
    RP
    PM me I have one with a loose handle I would be willing to trade or sell ........ ICM

My wife keeps saying I don't listen to her .... or something like that.

just FYI -- i replaced a busted Ambassadeur 6000 handle with a BPS handle for $10.99 -- have been very pleased with it. a little bit of extra length (i think) than the original -- i really like the feel:
    http://www.basspro.com/Bass-Pro-Shop...t/96598/100758

// joel
    riverpirate likes this.

Always under-promise & over-deliver (Fortune Cookie)
    Roll Tide!

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Crack View Post
    just FYI -- i replaced a busted Ambassadeur 6000 handle with a BPS handle for $10.99 -- have been very pleased with it. a little bit of extra length (i think) than the original -- i really like the feel:
    http://www.basspro.com/Bass-Pro-Shop...t/96598/100758

// joel
    Oh yeah,, the handle on there is perfect. I just want a power handle, make it more of a ocean reel....

Quote Originally Posted by riverpirate View Post
    Oh yeah,, the handle on there is perfect. I just want a power handle, make it more of a ocean reel....
    that's what this BPS handle did for me -- i use it as for salt, e.g., big blues, false albacore, reds, etc. if you're gonna do that, also consider upgrading the drag washers to carbon fiber--here's a good source: http://www.smoothdrag.com/
    riverpirate likes this.

Roll Tide!

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Crack View Post
    that's what this BPS handle did for me -- i use it as for salt, e.g., big blues, false albacore, reds, etc. if you're gonna do that, also consider upgrading the drag washers to carbon fiber--here's a good source: http://www.smoothdrag.com/
    Might try that. Was really looking for one with one handle, like on the bigger ocean reels... Gonna look into the washers too! thanks!
    Spider Crack likes this.

Here's a few pictures. ......... ICM Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG1749.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	30.8 KB 
ID:	36395 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG1750.JPG 
Views:	20 
Size:	271.1 KB 
ID:	36396 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG1752.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	33.2 KB 
ID:	36397

My wife keeps saying I don't listen to her .... or something like that.

i get it now -- didn't understand at first you were going for that single power handle look/feel. i tried one on my 6000 a couple of years ago, and didn't like it for rapid cranking (e.g., ripping stingsilvers for blues/albies as fast as i can reel) -- that larger BPS power handle (still double handle) gave me a good compromise -- more length and it feels like a bit more torque. just FYI -- joel
    riverpirate likes this.

Roll Tide!