Product: The Complete Book of Fishing

Default The Complete Book of Fishing

Product Manufacturer: John Wilson
    The Complete Book of Fishing is the ultimate guide to the most popular sport in the world. There is something for every angler - beach caster, game fisherman, or specimen hunter. This books shows you how to fish, what to fish for, and where to fish. It incudes all you need to know about tackle, bait, techniques, and reading the water. With over 200 species illustrated and described, this volume is essential reading for all anglers. (From back cover)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	836completefishing.jpg‎ 
Views:	21 
Size:	59.7 KB 
ID:	37686  

Recommended: yes
    Cons: UK slant
    Pros: Good species descriptions
    This book kept saying a lot of odd stuff -- then I realized it was originally published in Great Britain, so I figure a lot of it makes more sense to European anglers. He does often make reference to differences between European and American techiques and environments. (I still haven't seen many 16-meter poles in use around here -- maybe I don't get out enough )

The species descriptions were the best I've run across so far (which isn't saying much). Most species are listed three to a double-wide page, but those he focuses on get a full double page to themselves, which provides lots of space for lifecycle and behavior descriptions. All species include color graphics, usually depicting several similar species (six species of carp, for example).