NC Angler Forums banner

Titus Gold 50 Wide

8K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  Dave B. 
#1 ·
Okuma TG-50W

The internal strength of the Titus Gold starts with the drive train of stainless steel main gear and pinion gear. The oversized composite and stainless steel drag washer pairing allows for super smooth drags with smooth initial break free engagement, yet tremendous high end drag pressure.

Features Machine cut T6061 bar stock aluminum frame - Silent anti reverse system - One piece frame construction - Oversized Machined Aluminum with soft touch rubber hahdle knob - Machine cut forged aluminum side plates - Machine cut stainless steel gearing - Double "dog" stainless steel anti reverse - Forged alumin one piece reel foot - 5 sealed stainless steel ball bearings - Oversized sealed stainless steel and composite drag

Okuma designed the Titus Gold for those anglers who are in search of the strongest, fastest fish in the ocean. Landing powerful fish such as tuna or speedsters like Wahoo takes special tackle. It was with such fish in mind, that Okuma developed the Titus Gold lever drags. The one-piece frames and side plates are machined from solid stock T-6061 aircraft-grade aluminum. Precision machining and alignment of the forged aluminum spool together with five, sealed stainless steel ball bearings offers fantastic free spool. When it comes to cast ability, these lever drags have few rivals.

Machine cut T-6061 bar stock aluminum frame
patent pending "silent" anti-reverse system.
One-piece frame constructions on 50/50W models
Oversized machined aluminum with soft touch rubber handle knob TG-50 & TG-50W
Machine cut forged aluminum side plates.
Machine cut stainless steel gearing
Double "dog" stainless steel anti-reverse
Forged aluminum one-piece reel foot
Five sealed stainless steel ball bearings (Four BB two-speed models).
Oversized offset maximum comfort handle knob
Oversized sealed stainless steel and composite drag

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I'm not rating this product as of yet, as it's new to me at this time (3 more weeks and I'll report back).

I went with the TG-50w because of my positive experience with the smaller TG-15's and the Titus Silver 50w's.

No this is not the same reel as a TS-50, the TG's are definately different and markedly so as the handles are different (longer and shaped in tear drop fashion, and have a non slip rubber grip), the lever for the drag is much beefier than the TS-50's. Also the frame is cut different and the cut out is more "finished" on the TG-50w.

There's a full drag lock out wich is futher up than a Silver 50 and the reel foot mounting hardware is much beefier than a titus silver as well.

I really look forward to using this reel and putting it to the test, it uses stainless components and gears, there are Hex bolts for the side plate instead of screws like on the Titus Silver models, so the initial and overall look and feel of the reel is more robust for the gold version.

I spooled 500 yards of Jinkai 60 lb test smoke blue and put a 300 lb Momoi wind-on flouro leader on with a 300 lb rated Momoi Hi-catch escape proof swivel as far as rigging, the reel is mounted on a Penn International V ASA stand-up 50-100 class rod.
For me, this is a "sexy" setup should prove to be a nice rig for trolling.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.