Product: Knightdale, NC

Blog Entries

Default Knightdale, NC

Product Manufacturer: R&K Marine
    (From their website)
    We are a premier Mercury service center as well as a Mercury factory authorized service center. Our Mercury and Yamaha factory trained technicians are ready and able to perform any repair you need. All work performed is done according to the highest of expectations.

Boat, motor and trailer repairs
    Shrinkwrap available
    Outside storage available

We offer parts and accessories from:
    Mercury Precision
    Mercruiser
    Smartcraft
    Quicksilver
    Yamaha

And don't forget our used parts! We have a huge variety in stock!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rk1.gif‎ 
Views:	19 
Size:	35.7 KB 
ID:	37996   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rk2.gif‎ 
Views:	19 
Size:	9.6 KB 
ID:	37997  

Blog Entries

Recommended: yes
    Cons: location, size
    Pros: reliable
    I bought a boat from R&K Marine and had several opportunities to get my motor and trailer serviced there between 1999 and 2006. I had no problems with the service, the quotes, and found that the work performed held up to expectations. No surprises, no disappointments. The always treated me fairly.

Engine work was regular maintenance - tune ups, compression test, lube, etc... Nothing major. I picked up a barely used "tester" prop from them at a good price - saved nice dollars. Had them send a dinged prop out for work with excellent results. Had some work done on the trailer too. Replaced a bent axle - ouch... they had to go to an axle shop to get parts made. Result was way better than the original Tracker Marine parts.

They were a bit inconvenient being over in Knightdale, and all my trips being in the pre-540 days.