NC Angler Forums banner

Carolina Yakfish 2012 - Shearon Harris (4/14/2012)

25K views 138 replies 24 participants last post by  toba 
#1 ·
Category: Kayak Tournaments

Sponsoring Organization or Charity: Heroes on the Water

Contact Name/Phone: Toba and Turtlestew

Website link for more information: www.carolinayakfish.com

Registration for our first event of the 2012 season is open! Check out our website for details.

Please be sure to read over our rules, as there have been a few changes for 2012. (changes are highlighted in green)

Looking forward to some big bass on 4/14!

#7 ·
I'm sure the Yakfish boys will have an opinion on that homemade ruler if you mean for tournament use. Or itay already be covered in the rules.
Many only allow commercially available measuring devices.
Guess it's about time I figure out where it is cause I will be there. Looking forward to it boys!

#8 ·
That sounds like a nice way to make one wkbrafford, but we need to have something made commercially to ensure uniformity. Let's face it, anyone could draw marks wherever they want and we want this to be as fair and straightforward as possible so no one feels uncomfortable with anything. That'd be kinda like letting someone weigh in their own bag with homemade scales....Sure we could test to make sure the rulers matched up with each other, but these photos are gonna be on the website permanently. It just wouldn't look good to have homemade rulers on the results page. Hope you understand.

#10 ·
I've got trout trip I should be concentrating on this weekend but of course I'm thinking about this trip too. Anybody help me/everybody out with a map link to the launch. Looking forward to it boys! I'd be smart to bring my tourer but don't think I will be able to resist using the new Cuda. Hope Bo's roof rack is up to that challenge.

#13 ·
Well I plan on being there, it will be my second tournament, fished the 2011 Harcore tourney and had a blast meeting a lot of you. Hope to see everyone there..... Never fished harris before but since I have next Monday of I plan on making a little scouting trip to check it out. Anyone else want to check it out?

#15 ·
stew you and toba arent allowed to fish right yall just run the tournament? if yall arent fishing ill be there, but as much time as yall spend on harris it aint fair! ha jk i guess i can put some money towards yalls winnings! got to get my measuring device asap though, procrastornators like myself mess around and end up out of luck...

#18 ·
Yea, hook1 is a good place to get one. I recommend a Hawg Trough. By the way, I got an email from Chad Hoover at Hook1 today and he is giving away (4) $25 gift certificates at each of our tournaments. We are thinking of giving those away to 4th-7th place finishers. So 1st thru 7th would get something at each event, which would be nice.

#23 ·
We don't typically go around checking for those things but they are required under NCWRC regulations so you should have them. Put a whistle in one of your pfd pockets and you've got 2 of the 3 covered. I use a headlamp as my white light and keep it in my tackle bag.

#26 ·
like a flare gun to shoot at the boat! thats scary right there! yeah when we fished that club tourney a couple weeks ago before we blasted off there was a yaker going across towards the power plant, i was thinking he is brave! thats one of hte busiest places rigth there and it was early morning and cloudy so it was pretty dark...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.