NC Angler Forums banner

Looking to buy used hybrid kayak

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Lucky Doug 
#1 ·
Hey all...

I'm looking to buy a kayak suitable for use by a moose sized person.

I need something very stable, with a 375+ weight rating, and with a slightly raised seat, as I am not comfortable with my feet straight out. My reseach has me looking at mainly hybrid kayaks

Ideally:
Nucanoe 12' (anyone thinking about trading their old one in on a frontier?)
Native Ultimate 14.5' (ideally the 14.5t)

Possibly..
Wilderness Systems Commander 140
Jackson Daytripper 12
Jackson Cuda (I know, too new to appear here, but I'm allowed to dream).

Or....You tell me what you have that meets my base criteria. I don't want a true canoe, they are not stable enough by my standards. Let me know what goes with it (paddle? FF? Added rod holders? I promise to consider them in the pricing)

I'm in Mooresville... Willing to travel a bit for the right yak, but the further it is, the cheaper it would have to be to make up for my trip out there at $4.00 a gallon gas in my 16mpg expedition.

Thanks... Even if you don't have one for sale yourself, if you could give me a lead to a nice one, I'd appreciate it.

Len

See less See more
#6 ·
I'm out of the market now, had to get new carpet in the house and my son needed braces. But the 12 is too small for me, thanks for asking.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.