Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fort Fisher Meet and Greet 6

Default Fort Fisher Meet and Greet 6

Meet and Greet #6, June 23 from 8:00 to 5:00

It's that time of year again! I hope everyone is getting ready for hot dogs and redfish! It's crazy to begin planning what will be the 6th meet and greet. This is the largest social event for kayak anglers in North Carolina and has been a lot of fun for everyone.

Come out for a day of socialization with other kayak anglers from the area. Event is open to all interested and beginners are highly encouraged to come out for the day. Meet others who are interested in kayak fishing, check out rigging ideas, and learn how to fish from some of NC's best kayak anglers.

The event will be at the Federal Point boat ramp at Fort Fisher. Keep following Hwy 421 past the ferry to Southport. From there we will paddle out and fish at your leisure. Lunch will be at Crossover 2 of the Fort Fisher SRA.

A hot dog lunch is served on the beach at 12:00. Donations accepted to cover costs of food. Kayaks are needed for this event as the lunch area is only accessible by kayak, skiffs, and 4x4 vehicles.

I would like for everyone to RSVP to druminator228(at)gmail.com. Take note that my email is now a "GMAIL" address for those of you who email me regularly. I can't keep track of RSVPs left on the forum as I'm posting this in multiple places.

Druminator not sure if I can make it this year,I'am going to be down the next week but I would like to encourage anyone that was'nt been to GO. Its a great time,great people and you might even catch a fish to two....Carpool...if you have to ..JUST DO IT
    Great hotdogs also : )

3. Default

i will hopefully be there its between this and a 24 hr trip to the gulfstream.. its a hard decision lol ft fisher will be wayyyyyy cheaper lol

Bump to the top...

I definitely plan to be there again this year.
    2012 Jackson Cuda - Black Widow

I'm off that weekend and plan on checking it out
    p r e v a t t

I suspect I will be busy; the triplets' birthday is the 25th and that looks like the most likely party day. If it isn't, I am sorely tempted to try to go. What is the paddling route like (sound or ocean, what distance) ?
    -Andy ​X

Working that weekend, but I wish all of you fourunate enough to attend a wonderful fish filled day. Maybe next year.

Darrell
    Red X Angler

Quote Originally Posted by OptiMystic View Post
    I suspect I will be busy; the triplets' birthday is the 25th and that looks like the most likely party day. If it isn't, I am sorely tempted to try to go. What is the paddling route like (sound or ocean, what distance) ?
    The route is enclosed between the barrier islands and the jetty along the cape fear river -- so "sound" fits best. Pretty shallow so usually only a few skiffs to worry about -- some folks find there are enough to be annoying, but it's never really bothered me. It's probably close to 2 miles, maybe a little more, to the lunch site, but you can paddle up to 10 if you want...

Go to google maps and search "zeke's island nc" -- just north of the island is "The basin" -- the ramp is at the north corner of The Basin, and lunch is along the barrier island southeast of Zeke's Island. You could spend your whole time no farther from the ramp than what you see in that screenful of water.
    dbeam likes this.

"God grant me the serenity to accept the size of the fish I catch,
    the courage not to fib about it, and the wisdom to know that
    nobody would believe me anyway."

I have done the day trip to the aquarium many times. Breakfast and dinner at McDonald's in Benson when I take the kids.

That does look like "friendly" water for the coast. I am penciling it in, but kinda expect it to get bumped for a birthday party.
    -Andy ​X

It's a very easy paddle for those new and experienced to the sport. It's also the best kayak fishing waters in North Carolina.

As an update, this year FF M&G will be a fundraiser for the Heroes on the Water Cape Fear Chapter!
    dbeam, NCPIERMAN, and RaymondWells like this.

I will be making this for sure, can't wait to get down to te Fort again.

Bump to the top, I just added this to my calendar.

Man I would really like to come down for this, but my vacation is on the following week. Hope ya'll have a blast blast.
    Red X Angler
    Let's go FISHIN'....

Ashley,

why do you always seem to schedule your meet & greet when i am always on call. It seems as if i am always on call when you have your meet & greet. I would love to go, but i can't due to being on call. Maybe next year , you can change it up a little so i can go.
    Echerd likes this.

EDDIE TARHEEL FLY FLINGERS " RED X ANGLER "
    "BOWFIN ANGLER "

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast