NC Angler Forums banner

Fort Fisher Meet and Greet 6

6K views 51 replies 21 participants last post by  rmar 
#1 ·
Meet and Greet #6, June 23 from 8:00 to 5:00

It's that time of year again! I hope everyone is getting ready for hot dogs and redfish! It's crazy to begin planning what will be the 6th meet and greet. This is the largest social event for kayak anglers in North Carolina and has been a lot of fun for everyone.

Come out for a day of socialization with other kayak anglers from the area. Event is open to all interested and beginners are highly encouraged to come out for the day. Meet others who are interested in kayak fishing, check out rigging ideas, and learn how to fish from some of NC's best kayak anglers.

The event will be at the Federal Point boat ramp at Fort Fisher. Keep following Hwy 421 past the ferry to Southport. From there we will paddle out and fish at your leisure. Lunch will be at Crossover 2 of the Fort Fisher SRA.

A hot dog lunch is served on the beach at 12:00. Donations accepted to cover costs of food. Kayaks are needed for this event as the lunch area is only accessible by kayak, skiffs, and 4x4 vehicles.

I would like for everyone to RSVP to druminator228(at)gmail.com. Take note that my email is now a "GMAIL" address for those of you who email me regularly. I can't keep track of RSVPs left on the forum as I'm posting this in multiple places.

See less See more
#2 ·
Druminator not sure if I can make it this year,I'am going to be down the next week but I would like to encourage anyone that was'nt been to GO. Its a great time,great people and you might even catch a fish to two....Carpool...if you have to ..JUST DO IT
Great hotdogs also : )

#9 ·
The route is enclosed between the barrier islands and the jetty along the cape fear river -- so "sound" fits best. Pretty shallow so usually only a few skiffs to worry about -- some folks find there are enough to be annoying, but it's never really bothered me. It's probably close to 2 miles, maybe a little more, to the lunch site, but you can paddle up to 10 if you want...

Go to google maps and search "zeke's island nc" -- just north of the island is "The basin" -- the ramp is at the north corner of The Basin, and lunch is along the barrier island southeast of Zeke's Island. You could spend your whole time no farther from the ramp than what you see in that screenful of water.

Reactions: dbeam
#15 ·
Ashley,

why do you always seem to schedule your meet & greet when i am always on call. It seems as if i am always on call when you have your meet & greet. I would love to go, but i can't due to being on call. Maybe next year , you can change it up a little so i can go.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.