Thread: boat registration question

Default boat registration question

so im looking to take the cover off my fishing boat and get it out for the first time this year. as expected my registration is out of date. the problem is i'm from tennessee and that is where my boat was registered. if i wanted to just get a nc registration is there any way i can just do it online and atleast have a temp registration so that i can go out on saturday. any advice would be helpful. registering my boat out of state is new for me. thanks guys.

http://www.ncwildlife.org/Boating/Re...sedVessel.aspx

You should just be able to take your title to a local agent to title it here.

Blog Entries

No, when you register online printing out your receipt is not valid registration. You should be able to go to your local wildlife agent though with proof of residence and boat title and get taken care of
    -Die Hard- Red X Angler
    Vegetarian-"Indian for Really bad Fisherman"

When I registered my jon a couple of years ago (at the nearest outdoors store) I seem to recall leaving with a paper that served as a temp reg for up to a month. This is fresh in my mind because I was checked at USO when the agent noticed that I had the new numbers on but no expiration sticker.
    Crabby Captain John likes this.

Use this information at your own risk. The author is not responsible for missed fish, lost gear, personal injury, or sunken boats as a result of your decision to follow his advice.

Yep pay 60 bucks and u get a paper for 28 days. Just went thru this. Your gonna need a boat title or hull identfication number. All this is probly on your old one. call them if u have any questions they will work with u.