Thread: Spro Frog anyone??

Default Spro Frog anyone??

Anyone used these yet with any sucess?? They look awesome, the price doesnt look so good though ($10 A PIECE) but if they work i'd invest in one or 2 of them and just make sure to use 50lb+ braid. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	frog2.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	25.5 KB 
ID:	38595
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	frogblack.jpeg 
Views:	57 
Size:	4.4 KB 
ID:	38596If I do get one it'll be this black one
    BORN 2 FISH...forced to work!!

2. Default

I have the black with yellow pattern popper version....love it!
    Ten bucks yea, but you really shouldn't lose it, very wseedless, and 50lb braid helps lol
    NCStateFisher likes this.

*^*^The Fishing is always better on the other side of the lake*^*^
    Hardcore Kayak Angler..2014 Bass TTL: 22, Biggest 4.4lb

They definitely have there place. Don't fish too many lakes, but on rivers with a lot of cover on the banks they are great.

at walmart they are 7$
    Deckape, and heavyfoot like this.

Today I had success with a Booya frog. It was about 7 Bucks and I have it on 50 pound braided.

I have a green one and white one that is pretty much wore out from fishing for LMB down in florida. Frogs are my go to bait pretty much all year long. I picked the spros up for 9.99 which is a little pricey and I've seen a couple knockoff's that look very similar for less than half of the price of the spro frog.

At first I had trouble hooking fish with frogs but you have to let the fish have some slack and take it then set the hook. I think the spros and other similar frogs are a better deal than using the soft plastic frogs such as rage tail or zoom toads. I can burn threw 5 packs of soft plastics in a day fishing the heavy cover here in florida. I use a 7 ft spinning road medium heavy with 30-50lb braid and a gamkatsu superlin hook in 4/0 5/0 for the soft plastics...

I've yet to fish in NC but looking forward to trying new waters.
    2840-FISH, averagefishin, and heavyfoot like this.

as my name indicates, i love frog fishing, on lake hickory i work em like a spook and the popper, well like a popper. On the shore i have yet to find a pads or a real good frog scene, but i throw em were i would a topwater or buzzbait. i use a 7'2 H shimano compre with a quantum 7:3 smoke 150, with 50 lb Ppro.. biggest on a frog was 3 lbs..

I caught my biggest bass ever with a Spro Frog about a month ago. You almost can't get them hung up even when trying. They are about as weedless as it comes!
    2840-FISH, and senkomaster like this.

Got 2 by Manns on clearance at WallyMart recently. Look almost identical to that one. Think they were $2.99 or little less.
    "Them Hardcore boys"

I like the koppers frog... same deal as the spro but seems to sit better in the water and i actually catch fish with it... tried the brown spro... using the brown/black koppers... fish these in harris in the grass and it white knuckle fishing for sure. You can get stinger hooks to help but thats negates the weedlessness
    2840-FISH likes this.

Really like the way the spro frog look I also like the strike king kvd sexy frog looks
    Fish on!!!

I agree senkomaster got better hook ups with the koppers.
    RED X Angler

I was looking at trying them on Spec. Trout and Puppy Drum. I have a habbit of using lures on stuff they were never made to catch and having pretty good luck.
    2840-FISH likes this.

Memeber NCBBA, OBPA, Red X Angler From Tin Can sailor to the Plastic Navy

Leopard Frog....shuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

http://www.ncangler.com/forums/threa...Wind-and-Frogs
    2840-FISH likes this.

Friends, Fishing, Fellowship..RED X ANGLER

That price isn't bad to the price for that leopard frog that was so realistic that you have to take a real close look. But the legspins into the rear of the frog and legs flop back and forth. The frog lure that I'm talking about is the Ken Daubert ( www.floridakayakfishing.com ) You can see this and I think the price was $35 or $45.00 a piece, hand made! I don't think to many regular fishing persons bought them but the pro's would have, they can afford to!
    Dennis iyankapi matho' ( RunningBear )
    Red X Angler