Thread: Cape Fear bass survey

Default Cape Fear bass survey

http://www.ncwildlife.org/Portals/0/...Black_Bass.pdf

Currently, the Cape Fear River black bass population is dominated by small fish with 78% of all largemouth bass collected smaller than the minimum legal size limit of 14 inches and 100% of all spotted bass smaller than the legal limit.
    fishjunky likes this.

Good Article. I agree with it. Bass fishing there the other day I was amazed when I caught 2 spotted bass about 5 inches long on a 3/8 oz spinner bait with large willow blade. When compared to the bait, the fish was barely bigger. I looked at him and said " Just what were you thinking". My son had a good laugh over that.
    NCStateFisher likes this.

I only fish two relatively short sections of the Cape Fear but the data seems spot on to me. Too many little fish.

I agree, but wonder which part of the Cape Fear they surveyed. That's a really long river!
    For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? (Matthew 16:26)

fromthe picture they were definaltly east of 95................how far i dont know but it looks like bladen co or east of that....mack
    MackinNCblog.blogspot.com
    Real Men Paddle Canoes...Yaks are for Sissies, mowhawk pack , coleman scanoe, OT 158,
    2 OT 119's, 1232 Jon Boat

I saw that boat headed to Sutton either Thursday or Friday.