Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hwy 24 Swansboro ramp

tim the way it looks like they have the docks now i dont think the currents will be a problem any more but your right its always a mad house there in the summer
    red x angler and tarheelflyflinger for life -red drum its not an obssesion but a passion

I only fish on fridays, at very early in the morning. I usually don't go to Swansboro but I heard there we some schools of redfish hanging out (thats a whole different story.) Usually cuts out alot of the traffic. This year I think I am going to try more near shore fishing. The radio island ramp is great.

I'll need to stop in check the ramp in Swansboro... it was hard to get a boat out of there between the grade of the ramp (not made for smaller boats) the current, and direct wash over of the wakes from the ICW... would have been handy if they'd built it either in a different location IE other side of the road or built a jetty harbor around it so you can load/unload in relative safety.

x10 on the madhouse effect. Makes for a frustrating experience. I'm interested to see his. Ice they've made it because it seems to me like it would take a lot of work. The ramp they did in Newport while I was gone is great, but without dredging the channel that the ramp is on, you can't get a big boat out close to low tide…. It's the little things.
    Red X Anglers

It appears the ramp is open. Both last night and this morning when I drove by the entrance and exit's were no longer blocked off and all the construction materials were removed. I havent pulled in and checked it out, but from a drive-by it looked good.
    BigE818, and NCPIERMAN like this.

42 1/2" Custom-X IZM, 6'-2" Action thruster, 8 1/2"wide Alva w/ Independant Trucks and 16' Ocean Kayak - in that order

what ramp in newport?

Off Chatham st on the Newport river
    Red X Anglers

ramp in swansboro is definetly open seen people launching this am
    red x angler and tarheelflyflinger for life -red drum its not an obssesion but a passion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FOWL MOOD View Post
    Off Chatham st on the Newport river
    Did they rebuild that ramp as well? Really wasn't anything wrong with it before with a small boat, but you aren't getting a big boat in there. Not to mention the tides in that place...I love fishing that area
    -Die Hard- Red X Angler
    Vegetarian-"Indian for Really bad Fisherman"

Never fished that part of the Newport... water just seemed too erratic and to tainted to produce any steady fishing...

Blog Entries

I don't fish in the immediate vicinity of that ramp, but do see quite a few people fishing for bream close by. I run down river a little ways from there.
    -Die Hard- Red X Angler
    Vegetarian-"Indian for Really bad Fisherman"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12