NC Angler Forums banner

Reports of my death...

3K views 13 replies 13 participants last post by  lewisfishing 
#1 ·
...Haven't really been exaggerated since there haven't been any. BUT - God bless pungofisherman and RaymondWells for checking on me, and anyone else who might have been a little concerned. I landed a little work that grew into an enormous job and it's been sapping up my spare time like a thirsty dog in August... Can't gripe about having the work but I've definately fallen out of the mix here lately :eek: Looks like it's slowing down just in time for the serious spring fishing, so I'm counting my blessings.

Anyhow the friends I've made here are cherished and thanks to NCAngler for this wonderful forum!

#3 ·
Hey Guffey...Nice to hear from you again and your absence was missed....but....work is good and necessary too!!

I'll be up for Easter Weekend and a few days after, so maybe we can wet a line again..??????
Now, get back to work!! LOL!!
JohnYaksJax

PS: Just remember where you are located.....and I will be east of Burlington for 3-4 days before Easter...probably Tues, Wed, and Thurs of that week!!

#4 ·
Good to see youre still on the grassy side o' the dirt!! I know how you feel. Ive been struggling getting my new endevour going , but unfortunatly it's going to kill my spring fishing and probably my summer too... :(

Reactions: bwguffey
#8 ·
If you guys complaining about having to work weekends get days off during the week, count your blessings! I'm retired and plan on at least 4 days a week on the water, weather permitting. I leave weekends to those that work and tourists. Fishing and checking crab pots is so much more relaxing AND SAFER during the week during summer.

#9 ·
Well sometimes extra work (money), is a huge blessing, and then other times its better to be able to stop and smell the roses. But I'm glad you're back on the site and ready to get back in action, with a rod in your hands. Hopefully this meet n greet today will go well and the fish will give you a "welcome home" party!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.