Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: catfish

I will keep it short but dont use anything less than 4/0 hook size..better is a 7/0 OR 9/0....cut bait wks great but better it you spray garlic juice on it.........as to the dusk dark thing....I catch alot right at dark and then 12 midnight to 2 am..........
    CATFISHING OUT OF CANOES http://mackinncblog.blogspot.com/200...-of-canoe.html
    Gremlinsrus likes this.

MackinNCblog.blogspot.com
    Real Men Paddle Canoes...Yaks are for Sissies, mowhawk pack , coleman scanoe, OT 158,
    2 OT 119's, 1232 Jon Boat

great write up mack! never read that blog post before now!
    Mack in N.C. likes this.

Hobie Revo 13

Redspringsfisherman, good luck on the hunt for a big cat.

Mack, I really enjoyed reading your blog last night and today from your posts 2009 to present.

Fishincary, saw you mentioned in Macks blog on catfishing at Bond lake. I think you caught 10 cats that day.
    Mack in N.C. likes this.

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it. Irish Blessing

yeah never heard of any cats with any size in falls lake... never heard of blues or flatheads in there so thats the problem if there is never heard of it.... or jordan lake....

good luck on that 15bler though, one times not enough though just keep at it!
    Jackson Cuda "Black Widow"

what about lake royale??? any flats or blues??? looking for closest place from bunn area to do some real cattin, not looking for eaters.... not looking for anyones honey hole, just pointed in right direction thanks and tight lines moose
    YOUR "GAMEFISH" IS MY BAIT.....GOT FLATHEAD!!

The funny thing about catfish is that even though everyone likes to chase them in the dusk, dawn, and late night times(which I tend to agree that is the peak bite times) they will readily take bait any time around the clock. My personal best is 47.7 lbs caught about noon on a sunny day. I do not call myself a pro at it, there are guys here who spend alot of time on catfishing and will be able to give you some really good pointers. I only target cats once in a great while because I love all types of fishing. Congrats on your good fish. Keep it up and you will hit that 15lb target and then some.

Quote Originally Posted by FishinCary View Post
    gremlins are there 20-50 pounders IN falls lake??
    well we came back with the skunk all over us.. I have seen skeletons of cats that had to be at least 15 lbs on the shoreline of the upper falls area north of rolling view, so i am assuming they are there and as far as I can tell from info given, I will have better chances at getting big cats other places. Kerr, Cape fear, Blewitt, Gaston, etc.. I am going to focus my cat fishing toward these lakes.

And when are we actually going to fish together? I keep seeing you in your orange yak..lol drove past you on harris last Sunday
    FishinCary likes this.

"You no longer see water, You only see where fish live...." J. Berman
    Red X Angler

i get out on spring break tommorow, pm me what days you can fish next week.
    Hobie Revo 13

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12