Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ever meet a pro.???

I have met a bunch of them at the fishing expo over the years. Ike, KVD, Rojas, Alton Jones, Duckett to name a few.

I ran into David Dudley in BPS a few years ago, he was there shopping on his way home from an event at Clarks Hill, he struck up a coversation and introduced himself. I also know Jeffrey Thomas pretty good, he used to fish the FLW Tour.
    Abert43, bwguffey, and heavyfoot like this.

Take a Bass Boating!!!
    Life Jackets and Kill Switches save lives.

Mine is embarrassing, because I don't know who it was. About 23 years ago, my fiance (now wife of 22 years) and I were at Disney World with my brother and his family. We went to Cocoa Beach one day and I had really wanted to try fishing on the St Johns, so we packed gear, my wife and I got licenses and my brother dropped us off at a ramp that had docks and a little bank access and took his wife and kids to a leisurely breakfast and some shopping so we could try it a while. I asked a guy who was tied up and messing with his tackle (lots of tackle) if people caught much off the docks or if we should risk the scary looking bank. He said some lazy tourney fishermen released right there so there were often bass around, but the best fishing was in the lake up (? wasn't much flow, but I think the lake was to the north) stream, only reachable by boat. I said I wish we could, but we were just here for a little while from out of town (live in CO at the time). He asked if we wanted to try a couple of spots he "needed to check out". We hopped on (in retrospect, that is something I would tell my kids never to do, even as grownups) and he took off to the lake. He took us to a couple of weedy points and we caught some decent bass. He was messing with gators with a huge plastic bait with no hooks. He told us that he had won a tournament in that lake a couple of years earlier and that one of the fish that put him over the top came from that area. He took us back to the ramp, where my brother and his family were waiting by then. We thanked him and he waived off my weak offer to pay for gas. As we were starting to leave, my brothers wife noticed that people milling around the ramp were talking to the guy and he was signing someone's hat. I still have no clue who it was.
    heavyfoot, jimsnores, and RouseD like this.

-Andy ​X

Captains Club
    US Armed Services Veteran

As a bass fishing writer, I've met quite a few of them and interviewed many in both the BASS and FLW trails.

Kevin Vandam, Larry Nixon, Davey Hite and Gerald Swindle just to name a few.

My favorites have been Tom Mann, Randy Howell and Dion Hibdon. They are as real as it comes!
    Abert43, heavyfoot, and RouseD like this.

Red X Angler // Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that is not fish they are after - Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by OptiMystic View Post
    I had really wanted to try fishing on the St Johns, so we packed gear, my wife and I got licenses and my brother dropped us off at a ramp that had docks and a little bank access
    I got curious and went Googling to refresh my memory. The boat ramp was/is on FL Hwy 520 and the lake (Lake Poinsett) is south of there, not north.
    http://maps.google.com/maps?q=28.371125,-80.871305
    the bank looks a lot friendlier from an aerial view. Of course, it has been a coupla decades...
    -Andy ​X

love the replies guys going to the final day weigh in for my open and hope to get to talk to chris lane, lol was a fan before the classic, but i am sure 100s of people will flock him cause his classic winner oh my lol

One of my best friend's is a fishing instructor at Jenette's Pier and on their sign they list him as a Fishing Pro. Does that count?
    42 1/2" Custom-X IZM, 6'-2" Action thruster, 8 1/2"wide Alva w/ Independant Trucks and 16' Ocean Kayak - in that order

I meet Boyd Duckett, got to talk to him in a bboth for a good while , he was very nice and polite , he would answer every question with great detail. I was impressed . I also happen to know Kerry Collins , the football player , he has a cattle ranch over in Star, NC and he is a super good guy as wll, we tends cattle and works just like the farm hands do .
    heavyfoot, and RouseD like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12