Thread: NCAngler Police

Default NCAngler Police

I know the moderators do a great job of keeping this site clean of profanity, drug/alcohol references and out of hand arguments. And I commend them for volunteering their time! BUT maybe it's just me, but I can't help but feel like we are back in school at times. We are all in a group(forum), standing in the hallway(website), discussing last nights basketball game. After a few minutes(pages of comments), the calm reminiscing turns into a disagreement between a few students(ncangler members). The argument continues to unravel and then suddenly a teacher(site moderator), steps into the middle of the conversation(thread). They hastily cease all talk(comments) and send everybody in different directions(close the thread).

All that being said, I think they do a great work on here and provide us with a HUGE PRIVILEGE, that we call NCAngler.com but it's funny to stand over to the side(not leaving comments), and be entertained by the reasons and motives of the argument and then watch the moderators bust in, <sometimes prematurely!> and close everything down. Anyways, just thought I'd share my humorous take on the subject as well as thank the moderators for putting up with our petty, childish behavior and arguments!

-Paul

Red X Angler

Blog Entries

Glad you like it.

Quote Originally Posted by NCangler View Post
    Glad you like it.
    X2

Better to step in before things get too out of hand. Keeping it clean is a huge attraction for me personally. Job well done moderators. IMPO of course.

Now on Facebook at Hunters Haven Taxidermy

Blog Entries

If you only knew...LOL. Most folks don't see half of what goes on. Rarely is a major decision made without a discussion amongst ourselves (moderators). But you do have a point, sometimes we moderators feel like kindergarten teachers.

I think what amazes us most is that some people will write something online that they would never say in person to someone. It is almost like because a person isn't standing in front of them, they aren't talking to people. Forums are full of PEOPLE, not machines.

While our actions may seem premature sometimes, again its like the teacher, experience has taught us lessons we don't need to see (hear) again to know how they turn out. Thanks for your understanding and support of NCA and its staff!

Check out my website: TopsailAngler.com for information on fishing the Topsail area. Follow me on Facebook.
    TackleMonkey.com - the LOCAL tackle shop for the NCAngler.com online community!

As the father of a 14 year old whom I have allowed to join this site I commend and thank the moderators for their tight reigns!
    Mike

Take a kid outdoors!

You can't have a fishing website, built on a religious foundation, without strong standards and guidelines. I'm sure there are other fishing websites out there that don't have such strict moderators keeping an even balance, but I bet they don't have the same generosity, friendliness and Christian brotherhood, where needs can be shared and lifted up in prayer! I'll take this site any day!!!

Red X Angler

Quote Originally Posted by bassmasterwannabe View Post
    You can't have a fishing website, built on a religious foundation, without strong standards and guidelines. I'm sure there are other fishing websites out there that don't have such strict moderators keeping an even balance, but I bet they don't have the same generosity, friendliness and Christian brotherhood, where needs can be shared and lifted up in prayer! I'll take this site any day!!!

good choice
    red x angler and tarheelflyflinger for life -red drum its not an obssesion but a passion

sometime i really need someone to delete my posts

One of the really great things about "NCA police" is that they do a great job of being fair and unbiased. That's a rare find and greatly appreciated!

Red X Angler
    "And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise." Luke 6:31

There have been a few threads shut down that I didnt understand why but thats up to the mods and guy paying the bills, if I dont like it, I know I am welcome to leave and go elsewhere. I am a member of several other forums where pretty much anything goes. Threads can go downhill fast and arguments can go on for pages once everyone puts in their $.02, sometimes leading to hurt feelings, a little name calling or months of rehashing in other topics, the regulars are like a family and often help each other out and get together which makes that a great site I am proud to be a member of. This site aims to stay no nonsense, informational and g-rated and the mods do a great job to keep it that way.
    NCangler, and Topsail Angler like this.

Take a Bass Boating!!!
    Life Jackets and Kill Switches save lives.

Yup, I've gotten out of hand before and had posts deleted. I think the moderators do a great job enforcing Randy's standards of conduct. Let's support them by reporting violations.

Fishing is not an escape from life, but often a deeper immersion into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Neilslure View Post
    There have been a few threads shut down that I didnt understand why but thats up to the mods and guy paying the bills, if I dont like it, I know I am welcome to leave and go elsewhere. I am a member of several other forums where pretty much anything goes. Threads can go downhill fast and arguments can go on for pages once everyone puts in their $.02, sometimes leading to hurt feelings, a little name calling or months of rehashing in other topics, the regulars are like a family and often help each other out and get together which makes that a great site I am proud to be a member of. This site aims to stay no nonsense, informational and g-rated and the mods do a great job to keep it that way.
    I used to frequent a couple of other forums, and frankly, I like calling this one home (brownie points). I have seen Unholy behavior on other sites, glorifying booze and drugs, bullying and harassing members because their gear doesn't cost as much as a house and brutal behavior towards newbies to the sport. Never had one deleted ( that I know of ) but did decide to have Randy delete one for me after some deep soul searching. Kudos to the mods
    NCangler, papadave, and Topsail Angler like this.

Red X angler

Two of the best forums on the internet are this site and nchuntandfish...both for the same reasons...the moderators do a great job of keeping things clean and family friendly. Thanks guys!

Fair and unbiased would be when moderators act just as quickly on posts that support their personal political agendas as they do on those that do not . Censorship by owners of a medium does not have to meet these criteria and, of course, that is their perogative as owners and controllers of the information put forth .

Quote Originally Posted by outsider View Post
    Fair and unbiased would be when moderators act just as quickly on posts that support their personal political agendas as they do on those that do not . Censorship by owners of a medium does not have to meet these criteria and, of course, that is their perogative as owners and controllers of the information put forth .
    And for the most part my experience on this site suggest that the moderators act more on the tone of a post or thread than on the opinion expressed. There is unquestionably a "leaning" by moderators and members alike, but I have yet to see an attack allowed on anyone who expresses their opinion in a civil manner. Sometimes it takes closing a thread to calm the waters. That isn't necessarily suppressing opinion, it's simply an efficient way to keep the discussion here positive.
    Lucky Doug likes this.

Red X Angler
    "And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise." Luke 6:31