Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: anybody fishing in gboro wednesday or thursday?

Kayak Angler
    US Armed Services Veteran

Default anybody fishing in gboro wednesday or thursday?

Just moved to the area Saturday, wondered if anyone wants to get out in the water somewhere. I haunt been to any of the water sources around yet.

wish i could
    work
    They gonna burn a honeysuckle when I die

Kayak Angler

That's what sick days are for! Lol

If I get a lot of work done today, I may do a half day tomorrow. I'd probably be loaded up and ready to leave house around 12:30. I usually go to Randleman Lake (Guilford County Southwest Park, not in Randleman) or Mackintosh and don't know much about the other area lakes. Don't hold back on my account if you find someone or just want to go early. I'll know tonight what I'll be doing tomorrow.

Welcome to the area. I haven't moved here yet, but I started a new job in Winston-Salem on Monday. If it works well, I'll move up here later this year.
    After all is said and done.... A heck of a lot more will be said than done
    Red X Angler
    "Sublime" - 2013 NuCanoe Frontier in lime green

Kayak Angler

Rmar , let me know. 12.30 seems a little late because I ll be headed out of Greensboro to go trout fishing in wv for the weekend but hopefully I could get a few hours in. I checked out Higgins and brandt today and wasn't too impressed. I guess part of that is that im not used to having to pay to fish. Shoot me a txt or pm tho and let me know. Cell # is 9193207365

Red X Angler
    Captains Club
    Kayak Angler

I am up in NC again and staying in the Burlington area for 3-4 days and then headed over to CLT to be with my daughter and her family over Easter and part of that next week.....

I "should" be at Lake Mackintosh right now...sunny and about 82 degrees, but hope to be there tomorrow (THURS) even tho the weatherman is not very optimistic for tomorrow....DANG!!
    I will post on here if the trip actually gets confirmed later tonite.....thx....JohnYaksJax

Quote Originally Posted by joshxurface View Post
    Rmar , let me know. 12.30 seems a little late because I ll be headed out of Greensboro to go trout fishing in wv for the weekend but hopefully I could get a few hours in. I checked out Higgins and brandt today and wasn't too impressed. I guess part of that is that im not used to having to pay to fish. Shoot me a txt or pm tho and let me know. Cell # is 9193207365
    Belews Lake has free ramps. Not too bad a drive. Bigger than the city lakes, sometimes crowded. Some folks like fishing there.

Randleman does have launch fees, but most reports indicate fishing is much better there than at the City lakes.
    Last edited by jimsnores; 04-04-2012 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Additional Info

Kayak Angler

Question

Lake mackintosh might be about to get hit right now with rain. Im sitting on my deck about a mile from Higgins and the storm clouds are rilling in. Let me know about tomorrow. Im down with anywhere within reason and the earlier I get started the more fishing I can get in. My #s up there. Just call or shoot me a txt.

Where to go and what to use.Me and JohnYaksJax(the legend from Jax.FL) are going fishing tommorrow and I was planning to to Randleman lake(Guilford).We have to work out the details and pray for good weather.I will posted later on the times and place tommorrow.Feel free to join us.

Kayak Angler

Quote Originally Posted by Fireyakker View Post
    Where to go and what to use.Me and JohnYaksJax(the legend from Jax.FL) are going fishing tommorrow and I was planning to to Randleman lake(Guilford).We have to work out the details and pray for good weather.I will posted later on the times and place tommorrow.Feel free to join us.
    Give me a when and where and ill be there

You guys mind a fourth? I've gotta redeem myself for hitting the wrong Randleman launch last week

I am going to cut out of work early, but don't wait on me. If you guys post where you're headed, I'll hit the same lake and maybe cross paths.

I checked out Higgins and brandt today and wasn't too impressed. I guess part of that is that im not used to having to pay to fish.
    Most of the lakes in the immediate area have $4-$6 launch fees. I don't mind the fees, but the open/close times can be inconvenient.

Oh fireyakker! I see how it is. Plan a trip on A shift. I see. LOL
    p r e v a t t

Quote Originally Posted by rmar View Post
    ...the open/close times can be inconvenient.
    Very true. Also, even with full nav lights and numbers, anything kayak-like comes off the water at sundown regardless of closing time.

Must say though, Higgin's has got some stupid huge bass in it. They're hard to catch but worth the effort if you can find'em.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast