Thread: fee fishing ponds in/near Jacksonville

Default fee fishing ponds in/near Jacksonville

Am currently looking for any ponds (fee or no-fee) that I can take my twin boys to so we can get us some catfish.

If you are still able to get on base.. the ole landfill dump has a good pond thats full of cats. (most fish the middle pond as it has the most depth.) But I have not been out there in a while.

there is a place on sandridge road called catfish ponds got some huge cats in them and tons of brim
    red x angler and tarheelflyflinger for life -red drum its not an obssesion but a passion

There is a bunch of old quarries off the White Oak River in Maysville that are pay-to-fish.

Anyone fish the rock quarry ponds at Maysville much? I've been there a couple of times, but it has been a long time ago.
    RED X ANGLER

Quote Originally Posted by NCPIERMAN View Post
    there is a place on sandridge road called catfish ponds got some huge cats in them and tons of brim
    Is that the Sandridge road in Hubert, or the one in Beulaville? Looking at google maps, there are some good ponds off the sandridge road in Beulaville. I can't seem to locate any off of the one in Hubert.

thank you all for your answers. I have been to the quarry ponds, but didn't catch anything. I did go to a little camp ground with a pond in rocky point yesterday and caught a 5 pound blue catfish out of the pond. was a good place to fish, $6 a pole, and 2.50 a pound for catfish.

Getting ready to head over to the ponds off of sandridge road today. also gpoing to check and see if the pond on rhodestown is open. If none of that pans out all that well I am going to hit up a boat launch on the holland shelter creek that is off of shaw hwy.

I will post to let you know if I catch anything.

This is a link to Cabin Lake. It is located off Hwy 111 near Beulaville.

http://www.duplincountync.com/qualit...ecreation.html

You may also want to check out some other sand quarry ponds located off Hwy 24 east of Beulaville. You get the pass to fish at Mom and Pops just prior to the ponds coming from J'ville area.

Friends, Fishing, Fellowship..RED X ANGLER