Thread: Mirror Lake near Lake Lure

Default Mirror Lake near Lake Lure

Spent last week on vacation with the family, we rented a log cabin in the Riverbend gated community near Lake Lure that has a medium sized private lake (Mirror Lake). Brought the yak and we had the lake mostly to ourselves for paddling and fishing. Even though the weather was hot, the fishing was surprisingly good during the late mornings and afternoons. Caught lots of 2-3 lb LM bass in shallow waters where there was blow-down structure and shade from overhanging trees. Best results were using spinnerbaits in chartruese and white. The bass were aggressive, sometimes hitting the spinners as soon as they landed in the water. Also landed a great grandpa monster Bluegill, by far the largest I have ever caught. That one hit a spinnerbait and the way it fought I really thought that another bass was on the line until I got it to the yak and could see what it was.

Also got to do some SM bass fishing in the Rocky Broad River downstream of Lake Lure, and some trout fishing in the stocked section of the river upstream of Lake Lure. Fishing, kayaking, hiking at Chimney Rock park and chilling out......what a great week!
    lefty likes this.

Default Re: Mirror Lake near Lake Lure

Now I would call that a hat-trick. LM on private lake, SM on river and trout on yet a different stocked river.

Great job! The "Hat trick" seems to fit quite well! All that and not working... wow...
    "God grant me the serenity to accept the size of the fish I catch,
    the courage not to fib about it, and the wisdom to know that
    nobody would believe me anyway."

Guess you could say it was a fishing hat trick, but not a "catching" hat trick. The SM bass did not cooperate in the river, had one strike but did not land the fish. It was fun trying anyway.

Sounds like time well spent.
    Are fishermen all liars?

Thanx for the report! Sounds like the lake doesnt receive alot of pressure, nice to have that solitude as well