Thread: Flounder Blank

Default Flounder Blank

I am new to rod building, I just built a test rod I bought at the rod building show for $5. I am now ready to move up to something nicer. One gap I have in my surf fishing rod arsenal is a good flounder rod. Most of the smaller rods I have do not have a sensitive enough tip to to really see the bite.

So I am looking for a good blank 8-9 ft, 2 piece, capable of throwing up to 3 oz, with a sensitive tip that would be good for flounder and also be a backup rod for throwing metal. Any suggestions?

Mhx makes surf blanks now and i have built many rods on their blanks and have been very impressed with the quality of their blanks for the price

I agree with the previous post. MHX makes some great blanks for the money. There blank,su1087f-2-mhx, isx a good choice. It will throw up to 4 ounces, and is medium action with a fast tip. E-mail me if can be of any assistance. eprodandreel@gmail.com.

Thanks E.P. , I see that blank in the catalog I have but I don`t see the 2 piece model on the website. I e-mailed them to see what the deal is. That seems perfect. The closest I can find to that is the Lamiglass CSB108-2M Tri Flex Surf, it is a bit more expensive than the MHX blank.