Thread: This is how bad things have gotten at Hatteras

Default This is how bad things have gotten at Hatteras

I know people are getting tired of my harping on this matter, but the more people who are aware, the more chance we have of getting something done. More beach was closed today. If you have Google Earth, check out this latest map.
    http://www.nps.gov/caha/planyourvisi...leearthmap.htm

The 3 tiny areas in green are what is now open to vehicles. There is much more beach open on Ocracoke than Hatteras. I predict that by May 15th, ORV's will be banned from EVERY INCH of Hatteras Island.
    Please! GET INVOLVED!
    Red X Angler "'Tis better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt."

Have any petitions to sign?
    Red X angler

Red X Angler "'Tis better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt."

You can also log onto OBPA.ORG or NCBBA.ORG to keep up with the latest developments or to find out more about how you can help.
    Thanks
    Ken
    BigE818 likes this.

whats wrong with this bird...

cant believe it hasnt already gone extinct from foxes long before people drove on the beach LOL
    Hobie Revo 13

I'm a bird lover too but don't get me wrong I'm really not understanding why beach traffic is a problem if it is kept to a single track to minimize damage to nesting areas. Wouldn't most fishermen observe this precaution in exchange for the right to pass? I understand that these nesting areas have ben in use by generations of birds but I know these areas are not the only areas these birds use.
    Ever visit a spoil island created by the Corp of Engineers? Yes, huge sand piles that did not exist before the corp threw them up there and yes birds use them as nesting sites, many different species. So while we humans are being villified as the destroyers of habitat we are and have been, albiet, incidental, creating tons of habitat that was not available before. So to say the habitat is gone forever or dwindling is only partially true.

My 2 cents

Blog Entries

when deleting posts doesn't stop the pile-on/counter-pile-on, sometimes the only thing we can do is close the thread.
    bwguffey likes this.