Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: H-Bird 570 DI or H-bird 596c HD

Quote Originally Posted by senkomaster View Post
    ...but hey at least im not buying another lowrance
    haha how much did Bo pay you to say that
    TacoBo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bwguffey View Post
    haha how much did Bo pay you to say that
    haha.. i originally wanted to go lowrance but after seeing everyone complain i figured it was risky
    bwguffey likes this.

I don't think you can go wrong with either and it sounds like you're pretty sold on the DI feature. That's just something you'll likely have to use for yourself to decide whether or not it was worth the extra money after the fact. I spent the extra money for it for the same reasons and can't remember the last time I even used it. It's more of a novelty than anything in my opinion and doesn't show the fish arches and bait returns that I use to fish over deep water.

Honestly, the best value in the 500 series is the 597ci HD. It's got the wattage, color, and resolution I've grown to love as well as the GPS feature with Navionics capability. Never thought I would care about GPS and after having it I wouldn't buy another unit without it. Period. I read a post where another NCangler member said he could do the same thing with a $2 marker bouy. He can't...he just doesn't know he can't because he's never had it.

Good luck...like I said, you can't go wrong with either unit.
    bwguffey, FishinCary, and senkomaster like this.

Hobie Mirage Revolution 13

well picked up the 570di today! now for the transducer install... should i go the usual goop route? would like to keep it inside the hull..

I'd do a foam wet well instead. The DI transducer has a wide cone so it really needs a large area to shoot through. My Lowrance DSI didn't work well at all with epoxy dispite a virtually perfect bubble-free pour - It wanted to be strictly in water, can't imagine the HB DI would be any different.
    senkomaster likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bwguffey View Post
    I'd do a foam wet well instead. The DI transducer has a wide cone so it really needs a large area to shoot through. My Lowrance DSI didn't work well at all with epoxy dispite a virtually perfect bubble-free pour - It wanted to be strictly in water, can't imagine the HB DI would be any different.
    what exactly is this foam wet well you speak of

Check this write-up I did on my Hobie...just scroll down to the part about the FF. I basically just pour a little bit of water into the foam cutout...enough to cover the transducer and away we go.

http://www.ncangler.com/forums/threa...bie+revolution
    bwguffey likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TacoBo View Post
    Check this write-up I did on my Hobie...just scroll down to the part about the FF. I basically just pour a little bit of water into the foam cutout...enough to cover the transducer and away we go.

http://www.ncangler.com/forums/threa...bie+revolution
    where can i get this closed cell foam?

I bought a small sheet of it at Great Outdoors Provisions Co. in Charlotte, but I think you can order it on some of the usual yak fishing websites: Hook1, AustinKayak, etc.

lowes or home depot maybe? i'm trying to buy local so i don't have to wait on it...

you cant find it local

closest thing is the foam used in kayak transporters for cars without racks. the foam block that you put between the kayak and car top.

i checked home depot and lowes and ace none have closed cell foam anywhere thick enough. lowes was nice enough to give me some very very dense foam used for putting stacks of lumber on but in the end its too rigid.
    bwguffey likes this.

Hobie Revo 13

Quote Originally Posted by TacoBo View Post
    I bought a small sheet of it at Great Outdoors Provisions Co. in Charlotte, but I think you can order it on some of the usual yak fishing websites: Hook1, AustinKayak, etc.
    $2 at great outdoor provisions! Thanks this is why i love this site! Can't wait to test this black n white dinosaur out this sunday? anyone feel like going to falls,harris or wheeler?
    TacoBo likes this.

Going to finish the wet well on lunch break!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20120418_083721.jpg‎  
    FishinCary, and TacoBo like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12