Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4/29 Lake Lynn

Default 4/29 Lake Lynn

Went to lynn yesterday for some post spawn action... fish were very shallow and hitting topwater. I only managed to boat 1 dink and missed 3 strikes but my friends caught 4 a piece..and missed many more. Prob spent too much time playing with the new humminbird. Also gave stand up fishing a try.. all you caster owners it is possible The fish hit topwater frog baits and weightless lizards and senkos.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2207.jpg‎ 
Views:	212 
Size:	104.9 KB 
ID:	40304   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20120429_111726.jpg‎ 
Views:	218 
Size:	45.7 KB 
ID:	40305  

looks like a pretty day, considering heading out that way this afternoon, if they're hitting shallow it may even be worth my time bank fishing lol
    senkomaster likes this.

2014 Freshwater Fish Total: 181 Bass:101 Bass 5lb+: 9 Biggest: 9.25lb bass/20lb flathead
    2014 Saltwater Fish Total: 260 Biggest: 40# Wahoo

Quote Originally Posted by NCStateFisher View Post
    looks like a pretty day, considering heading out that way this afternoon, if they're hitting shallow it may even be worth my time bank fishing lol
    they were DEFINATELY right on the bank just watch out for the poison ivy its really bad there
    NCStateFisher likes this.

thanks for the heads up haven't been out there since all the nasty junk started growing, thats why i usually wear jeans bank fishing regardless if its 50 degrees or 100 degrees! may sweat but better sweat than rashes!
    2014 Freshwater Fish Total: 181 Bass:101 Bass 5lb+: 9 Biggest: 9.25lb bass/20lb flathead

I might end up there this afternoon, luckily I'm immune to poison ivy, poison oak and poison sumac. I can sleep in it and never get a single red bump!
    badankles, and NCStateFisher like this.

Red X Angler

bassmaster if you head out there hit me up

Ok, I'll text you if I make it by
    NCStateFisher likes this.

Red X Angler

i was out on lynn friday around 6-8 on my yak.

i caught nearly 20 bream, 2 crappie and 1 lmb all on a crawdad crankbait. i dont think i threw my bait out without a hit each time. the fish were super aggressive, the water was clear so i could see some striking.

i might go back out tomorrow evening for more excitement.
    senkomaster likes this.

Where do you guys put your kayaks on at Lake Lynn?

Quote Originally Posted by bassmasterwannabe View Post
    I might end up there this afternoon, luckily I'm immune to poison ivy, poison oak and poison sumac. I can sleep in it and never get a single red bump!
    You are one lucky man. Heck if i look at it too long my eyes will swell shut!!!

PATRICK

ive decided this just isnt my place to fish. skunked again, there were tons of bream around but nothing wanting to hit senkos or spinnerbaits - had a good time hangin out with bassmaster but fishing there just leads me to drink lol
    pungofisherman, and senkomaster like this.

Very hard to put in and take out at lynn in most places.

I just moved into the reserve and cant find an easy place around my complex to put in

Hey ncstate, my toes are stained green from that nasty water! Lol
    NCStateFisher, and senkomaster like this.

Red X Angler

I hauled my yak down the side of the dam once. It was a pain. I took the yak out at the the little fishing platform about 250 yds up the west side of the lake. That's a fairly decent place to put in and take out. It will help if you have a cart.

there is a PRIMO launch site by the regatta apartments with parking 50 ft from the beach. park behind the tennis courts and its right there. there is even a paved walkway leading right into the water.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast