Thread: Decent day fishing Bogue Sound from the kayak.

Default Decent day fishing Bogue Sound from the kayak.

My work schedual got changed this week and I ended up with today off. I was a little concerned the wind was gonna be a little strong but it turned out ok. I have a Mariner so it was fine for me but there was another couple out there that wasnt doing that well in the wind. I got setup over by the EI bridge to try for some trout and maybe some bluefish. My first cutbait in the water was hit within minutes. As soon as the line came taught I knew it was something nice. After several nice runs with the Curado on lockdown out the water came a nice chopper blue but unfortunantly it came right down on my line and cut me off. I was hoping there were more but it was just the one today. There was tons and I mean tons of tiny blues that loved stealing my bait so maybe there was more choppers but the little ones got there first. I ended up catching three nice rays, two flounder, a trout, and few blues. Not bad for the second day of May. I did see a couple reds in the shallows but the wind would not cooperate with me today. Heres some pics from today. Brad

The rays.

The flounder.

The lone trout.

One of the better blues.

You had a much better day than I did! South end of bear..... Lots of things I seem to be unable to catch!
    thanks for sharing!

Not a problem Alotahp. Keep at it and you'll start catching them. May is an awesome month in Bogue Sound. Brad
    Alotahp likes this.

Thats awesome im trying to pick some of them up friday in Beaufort Inlet

Cut mullet on a Carolina Rig is what the Rays and Blues were caught on. An 1/8th oz chartreuse jighead with a 5" gulp lime tiger jerk shad got the flounder and trout. Good luck out there. Might want to beef up your leader cause the chopper made short work of a 50lb braid leader. Brad
    RouseD likes this.

you need a way to save those rays for shark fishing this summer, gunna yak those out

nice fish
    Hobie Revo 13

Nice report! I took Friday off. I am gonna fish around Radio Island. If it is good I may do again Saturday. Gimme a shout if you want to meet up.

I was thinking of trying Freeman's creek tomorrow on base and would love to try Radio Island on Saturday if you are going out Pesky. Probably making a run down to Wilmington to fish with one of my kayak wars teammates on Sunday.

Reds everywhere and some nice blues on the south end of Bear island.
    I may have to head over to the EI bridge.... Id love to join someone!

I have to work Saturday Pesky. Thats why my schedual changed. My days off are Wednesday and Sunday and I wont have many more Sundays off with Memorial Day fast approaching. Alotahp Im out in Bogue Sound alot and Im in a camo Mariner. Brad

Nice work. Need to give the bridge a try.

I will be giving the bridge another shot on Wednesday May 9th which is my birthday if anyone wants to join me. Brad

Nice going !! Nice pics too! I don't think I can pull Wends off but I'll let you know if we can. Happy B Day!!
    ALLEN TARHEEL FLY FLINGERS " RED X ANGLER "
    " BOWFIN ANGLER "