NC Angler Forums banner

bomber badonkadonk vs mirrolure

9K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  Silverback 
#1 ·
Just wondering how these lures compair. I understand each has different types and colors. I purchased some badonkadonks at the expo but didnt see any mirrolures. Unfortunatly i have to rely on online photos. They all seem to look the same. Just want a fww different hard baits.

#3 ·
the donk is a topwater bait. ..it is a walk the dog style. ..the mirrolure topwaters are good too but i prefer the donk.. .so compaired to the mirrolure would be a very broad statment since there a ton of diffrent mirrolures that do diffrent things. .hope this helps

#8 ·
The Donk topwater and mirrolure top water are both great too. But they all fish different. The Donk redfish topwater is awesome. The mirromullet XL (bigger version of the mirromullet) is one of my favorite lures, and - of course - the top pup mirrolure is one of the all time greats as well. Just need to take the time to get use to their actions because they all behave a little differently.

#9 ·
I havfe both the Donk top water, and the Donk SS. I also have Mirro lures that have the same uses. I tend to like the MR Mirro Lures a bit better than the Donk SS, but both work well, and I have caught fish on both. I am thinking the Donks sink a bit faster, and a bit deeper, but other than that, that is about all. I have a Mirro Lure Top Pup that I have used very little, and not sure why. I prefer the Donk top water to the Heddon Spooks, but a lot more people think differently than I. lol

#10 ·
In both topwater versions you have HP and LP, high pitch/low pitch, versions and colors. Size, pitch, color all play a part in how the fish perceive the bait. Most are "walk the dog" style topwaters and thats the ones I like. Most times I have a Bomber Badonkadonk in black/gold/orange belly tied on, great for reds and trout or stripers.

Hard to beat a MR17, IMO, in various color schemes.

#15 ·
Scott, any particular topp water lure work better in choppy water? I think the Sub Walkers was made to walk the dog, just under the surface for just that purpose, but was wondering if one of the top waters would work any better than the other in a small chop.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.