NC Angler Forums banner

Cabelas Coming to Greenville, SC

4K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  Gremlinsrus 
#1 ·
Not sure if its been mentioned here but Cabelas announced their plan to build their first store in the Southeast in Greenville, SC. It should open sometime next year and will be off of Woodruff road, exit 51 off of I85.

#8 ·
Yes and no. Cabelas stays away from Bass Pro, and they are sprinkled around the southeast. In addition, it is a crossroads for a lot of areas and there are a lot of outdoorsman in the area. Close to Atlanta/Charlotte/Columbia/

About 1 hr 20 mins from Charlotte and Columbia, 1 hr 30 mins or more from Atlanta, Charleston is easily 2.5 hrs away. The Cabelas in Hamburg, PA is also not real close to big cities, but does has metro NJ/NY less than 2 hrs away, and the parking lot seems pretty empty when I have been by there, at least compared to the Midwest stores I have been at. Don't get me wrong, I like Cabelas a lot, carry their signature card, but seems like there are other locations that might be better.

Anyone know how firm the commitment is? Newspapers had a Cabelas going in at Mebane a couple of years ago, also has a Bass Pro going in at the I40/Hwy42 interchange a while back, neither ever happened.

#6 ·
I'll go there at least once. Love their stuff online.

I-85 is a major transport route... They'll be at least an hour from Bass Pro.

Reactions: RouseD
#10 ·
i agree with the "wilmington" bid, i'd LOVE a cabelas to be here, it really should all we have besides a few local shops is dicks, and it aint worth nothin'! Never anything in stock or priced correctly...i'll stop there about dicks, yeah should've built in wilmington

#12 ·
Look at the map... Greenville, SC is the way that tourists from Atlanta would get to Asheville and the mountains of NC... And they go there a lot. Supported by semi-locals in Charlotte, Columbia, and Asheville, as well as Greenville and Spartanburg. Plenty of college kids in that area, and plenty of hikers, hunters, and campers.

If you're not going to be putting 4-5 of these in the Southern US, then I think this is a pretty good location for one of them.

Reactions: RouseD
#13 ·
Lots of people live around Greenville, SC.

Plus it is right off of I-85 between Charlotte and Atlanta

Cabelas is also putting a store in Bristol, Virginia

Bass Pro is also putting a store in Bristol, Tennessee just down the interstate from the Cabelas

Both Cabelas will be real close to western North Carolina.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.