Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to Raleigh and kayak fishing

Default New to Raleigh and kayak fishing

Hello all!

I just moved to Raleigh this last Oct and also just bought a fishing kayak that I would like to start putting to use. Im looking for anyone who would like to possibly do some fishing with me and maybe show me the ropes. Im not by any means an expert angler, but im willing to learn from those who know more than I do and can show me aome tricks to being more successful around here. I am also just looking to meet some people in the area that I can fish with in the future as well as build se relationships. Thanks in advance and I appreciate your time!

Jonathon

Welcome to the site. there are a lot of guys from your area that will help you out. If you ever want to fish on the Upper Catawba lakes, let me know.

Darrell
    Red X Angler

Default New to Raleigh and kayak fishing

Some good guys up there to help you out. Keep lookin and posting. I'm sure you will find some of them.

Www.hardcorekayakfishing.com
    Them Hardcore boys
    "Them Hardcore boys"

Where in Raleigh are you? I live right by lake Johnson in Raleigh and would definitely be interested in doing some fishing
    dbeam likes this.

I am not in the Raleigh area but if you head down east look us up for fresh and salt water Yak fishing... we love spec Trout and Reds!!! Tight lines!!
    dbeam likes this.

ALLEN TARHEEL FLY FLINGERS " RED X ANGLER "
    " BOWFIN ANGLER "

I'm on Lake Lynn. Right by Ray and Lynn Rd in Raleigh. I may take my kayak out on lynn this wednesday just to get out but we should get together one of these days.

Thanks for all the responses. Im not sure what kind of waters I can venture out on as I only have the Ocean Kayak Tetra 10 Angler, but I'd love to do some saltwater fishing. Ive never done it so it would be another new experience but looks like a lot of fun.

Jonathon

Quote Originally Posted by tarheel fly flinger View Post
    I am not in the Raleigh area but if you head down east look us up for fresh and salt water Yak fishing... we love spec Trout and Reds!!! Tight lines!!
    You need to be sure and remember this one.
    Echerd likes this.

Red X Angler

We can make it happen!! Dbeam...join us when you can!
    dbeam likes this.

ALLEN TARHEEL FLY FLINGERS " RED X ANGLER "
    " BOWFIN ANGLER "

I go out to beaverdam on falls lake fairly often, I have to to go kayak fishing with anyone I am usually alone, but I have only had my kayak for about 3 weeks now. I have had a canoe for over a year and I would go out there with the canoe before I had the kayak. I would be willing to go kayak fishing with you sometime anywhere around the triangle.
    dbeam, and froggy waters like this.

Jackson Cuda 14.

By the way, I thought i'd explain a little more about myself. I moved to Raleigh this last October from Wisconsin. My fishing experience I would say is a minimal. I have some pretty nice gear and I love getting out when I have the chance, but I am not very seasoned in different techniques. I found that I spent most of my time casting spinnerbaits and bucktails with an occasional crankbait, but as far as usually soft baits or even knowing the right crankbait to use in certain situations I'm pretty much a newbie. I prefer to fish with a baitcaster though I have spinning reels as well and am used to fishing around vegetation as pretty much every lake in Wisconsin seems to have a ton of it (or at least the ones I fished on) Other than that, I'm 25 (will be 26 on the 11th) am married with 2 kids, and hobbies are pretty much fishing, kayaking (now that i have one), working out and playing video games occasionally. Again thanks for all the responses, I already have a few people I've connected with in the area and hopefully will be able to get on some water with them in the future.

Jonathon
    Ocean Kayak Tetra 10 Angler
    dbeam likes this.

Welcome to the North Carolina! I am a transplant myself - you are going to love being able to fish in relative comfort year round. There are a lot of great folks on this site, quite a few in the Raleigh area. I would recommend you keep an eye out for a meet and greet put on by the red x anglers. They seem to have something going on nearly every month in different parts of the state and are some of the nicest people you would ever want to meet. They will show you the ropes on a lot of different fisheries that we are blessed to have here. I would be happy to join you on a local excursion sometime soon (once the water warms up more) on the kayak. For now it is bank fishing for me.
    Tight Lines,
    Bob

Hey Ring311,

I am just up the road from you and fish Lynn often. You have a good lake right there. Hit me up when you are planning to go and I would love to join you if I can. I just got a kayak myself.

"You no longer see water, You only see where fish live...." J. Berman
    Red X Angler

I used to live in Cary. Now I live on the east coast (whole new world of fishing let me tell ya). Anyway, you should take your kayak out onto Lake Crabtree. You cannot eat anything out of that lake. But you can catch fish all year round. I have pulled out Catfish, Carp, Bass, crapie, bream all that. That is my lake of choice for catch and release fishing for a good time. You can PM me for any info but I did not have a yak up there, I did have a raft though.
    dbeam likes this.

I have been thinking about hitting lake Crabtree one day soon, I was going to go out there a few weeks ago but it didn't work out that day.
    dbeam likes this.

Jackson Cuda 14.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast