Thread: Video on How to Rebuild a Got-Cha lure.

Default Video on How to Rebuild a Got-Cha lure.

Here is a video that I made on how to rebuild a got-cha lure.

URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Arn97ZkP_Tg

Tim C
    catfish_hunter, mjbowhunter, and RouseD like this.

B.A.S.S. Life Member (Since 1976) and a Red X Angler

Good deal TimC. I have never seen that before.
    RED X ANGLER

I hope this is a problem I will need to solve myself in May or June.

I still have some old Gotchas from years past that I could bring up to date.

I also have some old Jerk Jiggers, and even some old Sea Hawks.
    RED X ANGLER

Tim if you keep telling people how to rebuild them I will no longer be able to find them in the trashcans and laying around the pier.

I have a surplus built up from rebuilding the ones I find

Quote Originally Posted by TwilightArmy View Post
    Tim if you keep telling people how to rebuild them I will no longer be able to find them in the trashcans and laying around the pier.
    Those are mostly from the tourists that come to fish for one week with rental rods and then they just throw out their gear at the end of the week thinking they won't be back until their next vacation if at all.

Tim C
    riverpirate likes this.

B.A.S.S. Life Member (Since 1976) and a Red X Angler

I remember one pier, think it was Iron Steamer had an old piling sticking up about 3/4 of a cast length off the end of the pier, that thing was covered in gotcha plugs.
    Take a Bass Boating!!!
    Life Jackets and Kill Switches save lives.

Whats a jerk jigger? That I thought was another name for the gotcha.

Quote Originally Posted by RouseD View Post
    I still have some old Gotchas from years past that I could bring up to date.

I also have some old Jerk Jiggers, and even some old Sea Hawks.
    I like fishing. Not actual fishing - I like the peace and quiet of being at sea. It's different.

Tim, the Jerk Jiggers go back to the mid 60s I think. They were heavier than the Gotchas, and were made out of metal instead of plastic. H2ohhh should remember them well if he wasn't too old back then.
    Caught my 1st ever Spanish Mack on that lure, using a 9 foot surf rod. I caught the spanish on my first cast, as soon as it hit the water. I kept on plugging all day with that surf rod in hopes of catching another, but never did that day. You can best believe I had a much lighter rod when I went back.
    RED X ANGLER

Thanks for the video Tim. I must have 40 Gotchas that need to be rehabbed. I took my grandpa fishing on the Triple S several years ago and once he saw the cost of Gotchas, he spent the entire time with a big treble hook on twine collecting the Gotchas that had found their way onto the pier pilings. He must have reclaimed 25 of them - ten of them were in a giant rat nest of line, rigs and gotchas that took him about an hour to get up. Most of them were rusted up pretty bad and so they've been sitting in a bag in my garage ever since as I never had the heart to toss them out. He'll be 91 this year and his fishing days are unfortunately behind him, but he'll be completely psyched to hear I will be able to use those gotchas after a little TLC.
    RouseD likes this.