NC Angler Forums banner

Gulp storage

3K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  2840-FISH 
#1 ·
I hate those little ziploc bags that Gulp comes in and you invariably forget to close it properly and the gulp juice ends up all over the place. I'm not that big of a fan of the little jars either as they are not very well designed. Anyway, I happened to buy a 2.5 lb jar of mixed nuts at BJ's and thought this would be perfect for Gulp storage and low and behold...the cap from one of the Gulp jars fits this one perfectly ! The jar is pretty heavy duty and has indents in the sides so you can grip it pretty well too. You can mix different types of baits together and store a ton more in an easy to use container. Just thought I'd pass it along.....

Liquid Drinkware Fluid Mason jar Food storage containers

See less See more
#3 ·
great idea re: new container for Gulp! baits. have you tipped it over to determine whether or not it leaks? i also sometimes buy the Gulp! Alive liquid (e.g., WallyWorld) if/when i start running dry.

#4 ·
Yup, I tipped it over on purpose and shook it around and no leaks. The Gulp cap has the exact same thread size and pitch as what is on the nut jar. It literally fits like it was made for it. I am sure over time the foam gasket will wear out but that would hold true on the Gulp jar too.

I bought a bottle of the liquid to "top it off"..... :)

#5 ·
Walmart carries a line of food containers called Sterilite (sp?). They come in various sizes and feature a gasket in the lid that makes them virtually leakproof. They are considerably cheaper than any of containers sold by any of the tackle box companies. A couple of things about Gulp! Alive...the only difference between the saltwater products are the size and shape as they all have the same "flavor", and you can mix colors as they don't bleed. When the liquid gets a little dark, it's still good and won't discolor the baits.

#8 ·
not to be redundant, but wife and I use small (4X6 inches, if memory serves) sized food storage containers with the clips on all four sides. From Walmart. We have a large one but in each of our kayaks we each carry a small one with several types of gulp baits. We've been using the same ones for two years or so and they are still like new.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.